Menu

She is going to Dortmund!

JenneinCA

I need to tell someone and there is no one for me to tell in person, so...

My daughter has been involved in a program at NAU that takes five years but you get a double major in a foreign language and a science/engineering/business degree.  The fun part is that she spend the entire fourth year in the foreign country, part of it attending school and part of it on a internship experience.  Well next school year is the year in a foreign country.  And since she has been studying German, she is going to Germany!  We just found out which school she will be attending and where she will be.  She is going to the Technical University of Dortmund!

I am excited!  She is excited!  This is truly being real!

This is the program, if anyone is interested...

https://nau.edu/cie/education-abroad/interdisciplinary-global-program/

• Like 26

How exciting for your daughter! I spent my third year of architecture school at the Technical University of Dortmund. I learned so much that year that had nothing to do with architecture and everything to do with culture, communication, and human kind. I wish your daughter the same. 

• Like 6

Congrats to her - she'll have a blast!  I did a gap year in Germany at a Gymnasium, and my dd21 is a bit over halfway through a 6-month coop working at a company in Stuttgart.  She had quite the adjustment getting used to the strong Schwäbisch accents down there - your dd should have a much easier time with the much more standard German in Dortmund. 🙂

• Like 3

On 10/1/2019 at 3:19 AM, Arch at Home said:

How exciting for your daughter! I spent my third year of architecture school at the Technical University of Dortmund. I learned so much that year that had nothing to do with architecture and everything to do with culture, communication, and human kind. I wish your daughter the same. 

This! I didn’t learn all that much in the classroom during my year abroad, but I learned a ton about how people interact, worldview, being an outsider, flexibility, my core values...  Easily my most important year of college, with realizations that impact my life to this day. 

• Like 1