Menu

What was the longest you had to wait for ACT results?

FriedClams

After the first release? 

My kids usually test at a local University testing center so we've always gotten results on the morning they're released. This round one had to test at a local, rural high school. Today the scores were released and nothing... 

So how long should I wait before I freak out? I know the site says they get released every Wednesday and Friday for the next 2 months... Really?! I'd love some been there, done that stories. Thanks!!

Are the results not showing up in their online account? 

Can you call the school? I'm assuming the child put the homeschool code and not the school info on the answer sheet? If they entered the school code,  the paper results will go to the school. 

Edited by Bambam

12 minutes ago, Bambam said:

Are the results now showing up in their online account? 

Can you call the school? I'm assuming the child put the homeschool code and not the school info on the answer sheet? If they entered the school code,  the paper results will go to the school. 

Wouldn't the results still show up on his online account? (Assuming he entered the wrong school code at the test...)

Edited by FriedClams

54 minutes ago, FriedClams said:

Wouldn't the results still show up on his online account? (Assuming he entered the wrong school code at the test...)

Yes, they should - even, I think, if he entered the wrong school code. (I fixed the typo in my original post - I meant to ask if the results were showing up in his account)

Not the ACT, but one of my daughters did have to wait a couple weeks for the SAT one year. If I recall correctly, there was some sort of irregularity with her answer sheet that had to be further investigated. I think she had to get a new sheet and recopy the answers, but can't remember why with my aging brain. It did turn out fine in the end.

I did remember when we called though  at the time of the delayed result, they could not tell us precisely why it was delayed. So we waited.

Unfortunately, it is possible that the proctor at the school mishandled the tests, which might cause the whole batch to be delayed. Do you know anyone else at the school who could tell you if there are others affected?

If you score unexpectedly high or if there is some other irregularity, your score goes to some sort of purgatory and, as best I can tell, stays there until you have called enough times to get somebody competent who can figure out how to get it released. My 7th grader (too young to have an online account) took the SAT the first week of Dec and scores were released 2ish weeks later, in mid-December.  After several calls and emails, we finally got the scores at the end of January or start of February.