Menu

How do you get yourself to do it?

klmama

Write it out first. It helps me think through what I need to do. Depending on the situation, it helps me to think through priorities, errors in my process, goals/fears etc. I start with who, what, when, where, why and add in goals, fears, next steps etc. What ever is relevant to the situation.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Tap said:

Write it out first. It helps me think through what I need to do. Depending on the situation, it helps me to think through priorities, errors in my process, goals/fears etc. I start with who, what, when, where, why and add in goals, fears, next steps etc. What ever is relevant to the situation.

Thanks.  I just did some of this, and it helped.  

I write it out first.  I've even brought notes with me at times, outline and all, because my thoughts tend to "freeze" when I'm in an emotional situation.

I take advantage of the moment when I'm in a "now or never" mood instead of a stalling mood, and I contact the person immediately (don't take time to think about it and back out) to set up a time/place to talk.  If it's someone within your own household, I still force myself to set a time ("hey, can we go out for coffee at 2:00?)

I also take time to reconsider my motivation for wanting to do this.  (Is it selfish?  Loving?  Objective?)

Good luck!!

Normally I just force myself to get it over with, knowing that the dread is the worst part and will be gone once I just do it.

Sometimes, though, I need to be fortified with another cup of coffee or a nap.  Or I need to declutter my brain by doing some housework that could have waited.  Or all three.