Menu

What multi-vitamins do you recommend?

I was so excited last month about the new vitamins my ds and I started taking that I even posted about it on my blog... Wordless Wednesday? Our New Vitamins!

But alas... my mother (who was taking the same vitamin) and I are experiencing some not so good feelings - discomfort, if you will - from the vitamin we chose for ourselves and so have ceased taking it. I have taken Herbalife ShapeWorks Formula 2 Multivitamin Complex in the past and really liked it. In fact, it is the only vitamin I've ever taken that I've only benefitted from without any problems, however, my sister is not selling Herbalife products anymore so they cost more for me now... not to mention the cost and hassle of shipping and handling. Although I may just have to deal with these issues and go that route anyways, I am hoping that maybe the hive has some suggestions... preferably vitamins w/greens, but w/o the dyes, etc... IYKWIM.

So, what multi-vitamins do you use for yourself and your dc?

Your responses will be greatly appreciated.

Edited by NCAmusings

I like Jordan Rubin's Garden of Life vitamins and products. We use some of the vitamins (sometimes) and some of the green powders. It is all pretty expensive though, so we don't take any of it consistently right now. I don't know much about the children's vitamins. I just bought some of the Animal Parade children's vitamins, but I couldn't really tell you how they compare to anything else.

http://www.nowfoods.com/?action=itemdetail&item_id=13835

I absolutely swear by True Balance by NOW. I have been taking them for about a year after reading about them in a book. They have kept me healthy and with more energy than I have ever had in my life. I get panicky if I forget to take it.

I am really sensitive to vitamins and feel a little nauseous if I don't take them with food.

We take Melaleuca vitamins, the vitality pack. I take the mens vits, because the iron in women's vits upsets my tummy. :D I also take B complex when I am tired during the day.

Two of my kids don't take vits for various reasons. DD8 eats very well, and too much of most vits is just as bad as too little, and DS3 has leukemia and can only take those that do not boost immune function (makes eating fun too since so much is fortified UGH) or contain folic acid. My DS5 does not eat well, and he takes Koala pals from Melaleuca and extra vit D since he burns easily and must be slathered head to toe with sunscreen (thus no vit D from sun exposure).

Good luck!

We're using ChemBalance. The vitamins and minerals are all individual. You only take what you need each day. I know it sounds weird, but the vitamins are smell-tested and the minerals are taste-tested. I have tried so many multis over the years. I feel great for a while and then begin to feel ill. There are some components that I just don't need a lot of and I overdose on them over time. This has been great for our family so far.

Allison in TX

This one and I *love* it. Nature's Way Alive! Multivitamin Whole Food Energizer

I only take it 1-2x a day rather than 3 to make the bottle last longer. In the year+ that I've been taking it I've not gotten sick at all (unless you count twice that it felt like I was getting a cold and then it went away! lol) and my energy level is definitely up. My dh and dd take it now, too. I like that it has whole foods in it...you can get it with or without iron. Great reviews as well and not just on the site that sells it. lol

We take Juice Plus. They are whole food fruit and veggie supplements in capsules, chewables or gummies.

(Feel free to pm me if you want more information. I'm a Juice Plus Rep :D)

This is what we have been on for five yrs. cant say enough good things about.

Matter of fact last month, I thought I would save money and went off for a month and my body crashed, I got so sick. Now I am back on and starting to feel good again.

I take chewables because they also have digestive enzymes that are supposed to help me out.

Love em.