Menu

Shopping help...

I think I'm more or less a size 20--pretty bad for someone who is only 5'4", but it is what it is.

So my question is, where should I shop for jeans?

I want ones that are reasonably stylish, and with a high-ish waist.

I don't mind hemming them, but I don't want them to be flared if I have to hem them, because at my height the flares would look silly if I had to cut off a lot of fabric.

Baggy looks terrible on me. I'm baggy enough without extra fabric.

I don't like LL Bean jeans.

I tried a store out here called Torrid (hate the name) that caters to larger women who still want to be a bit stylish. They have very cute jeans, but they have elastic waists that do not stay up. I bought two pairs of capris from there, and hardly ever wear them because I keep needing to pull them up all the time.

I have looked in Lane Bryant, but their stuff is just plain baggy.

I have tried on a lot of jeans at Mervyns, and none of them fit right at all.

I'm really unsure where else to look now. I wear a lot of casual, business, and dressy skirts, but I need one nice pair of black jeans and one nice pair of blue jeans. Help!

Have you tried Wal-mart or Target? I know Wal-mart carries size 20 and I think their jeans are really cute and fit well. I totally agree with Lane Bryant. I have a pair that fits, but they are the stretchy kind so after 30 minutes, they won't stay up any longer. :glare: Total waist of money. The ones I've bought from Walmart have been great and they have many different cuts.

HTH,

Andrea

My favorite pants are some I got at Kohl's. They are Lee with the stretch comfort waistband. They fit pretty true to size and I'm almost positive they have that size. And I'm young and I think they're cute. :) (My sil is a smaller size and has some identical ones that she got at a store called H&M, I think.)

ETA: I'm 5'2" and didn't have to hem them. (I don't mind them being a little long, but they weren't over long)

• 1 year later...
Old Navy carries size 20, and they have all different fits.

This. I wear a 12 or 14 and have a HARD time finding jeans that I like, fit well, and don't look like mom jeans. I love the different fits of the Old Navy jeans and never have a problem finding a good pair. Every single pair of jeans I own (which, lets be honest is only 5) are Old Navy.

I know you said you looked at Lane Bryant, but did you try anything on? They have jeans built for different body shapes, and within each body shape they have 3 lengths, as well as boot cut and relaxed. It's kind of confusing, and maybe you didn't see what you needed. I bought a pair last year, and really love them. I am very hippy, but have a small waist, and I love they way they fit. HTH.