Menu

Darn Good Yarn Co

saraha

Are you talking about those reversible wrap skirts made out of old saris? If so, my girls have several that we purchased on Amazon for a much cheaper price. This is one set we purchased https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01BLBR8EM/ , but we also purchased a couple of single skirts to get a specific color. They are a lovely silk (y?) material. Very comfortable. Very cool. Expands to fit a variety of sizes. The only complaint we might have is no pockets! Youngest daughter wears one at least 3 times a week during the summer. Oldest daughter wears hers occasionally. She prefers pants and only wears skirts when she has too. 

BTW, these are great for our hot and humid summers here in Texas. 

Edited by Bambam
  • Like 1

I have.  I bought 2 when they had some kind of sale a few years ago.  I didn't really like it once it arrived.  The quality was great and they were pretty, but I just didn't look good in a wrap skirt.  The longs were too long and the shorter ones too short for my taste.  I gave them to my daughters.  I don't know how long they wore them, as the style wasn't really what they usually wear. 

• Like 1

I have three- I bought them on sale a couple of years ago. I do wear them- nice quality and so lightweight and comfortable in the summer. The patterns and colors were assorted- so the colors were a little random and the lengths vary, but with a black or white T shirt, they look nice and pretty casual.

At this point in life, I am pretty sure that I am invisible, but I think the skirts look pretty and unusual in the athletic-leisure world that surrounds me.

• Like 2

I think the short ones are much too short for me and the long ones are a bit longer than I like (I’m 5’3.)

However, with that said, I like the long ones and wear them.  I bought 6 skirts and kept the 3 patterns I liked and then returned 3 of them.  I wear them with form fitting tshirts that match the colors of the skirt and sandals.  You really do get a mixture of patterns and even a bit of fabric.  3 of the skirts they sent were pretty ugly, but the other 3 were very nice, so I’m glad I bought 6 and could return half of them.

Also—they always run that sale.  I’ve never seen them not running the “sale.”

I have the yarn subscription and I've made some craft and yarn purchases. I LOVE this company. Everything I've received has been gorgeous. 

I got them somewhere else, years ago, but I had some of these type of Sari skirts. I adored them. Had two and wore them to rags. They can be worn so many different ways. As dresses, skirts, tops, even a romper. I wore them through multiple pregnancies, and nursing. Layered in the winter, and breezy in the hot Louisiana summer. 

I only haven't bought skirts from DGY because I find them a bit too pricey.