Menu

texture hair spray?

HollyDay

So, I decided on a whim to cut about 8-10 inches off my hair.  Totally unlike me to do something so radical and spur of the moment, but I did.  And I like it. 

They stylist recommended I use a texture hair spray to give it more "umph" on days when it needs it.  She didn't push a product or give a recommendation, which in some ways I appreciate.  The salon uses Bumble and Bumble, which I like, but it is pricey.     I've tried Batiste dry shampoo before and it broke out my scalp.  So, not going back to that (fortunately, dd likes it). 

So, what texture sprays does the Hive recommend?

1 hour ago, LuvToRead said:

I haven't found one I love, but I can tell you I don't like the Verb sea salt spray.   Hope this helps!  

That does help.  I was looking at that one on line.  I tried Not Your Mother's Sea Salt spray today and it was not what I was looking for.  The affect was great!  But, I didn't like the feel

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, HollyDay said:

That does help.  I was looking at that one on line.  I tried Not Your Mother's Sea Salt spray today and it was not what I was looking for.  The affect was great!  But, I didn't like the feel

I never heard of sea salt spray before this thread so I am no help but I am really curious.  I have lots of allergies to hair products so I need to proceed with caution but would love something to control my hair so I plan to follow your thread.  😉

Sea salt sounds like it has potential if I can find the most basic one.  One of the reviews of Not Your Mother’s said that it smells wonderful........is it scented heavily? 

53 minutes ago, mumto2 said:

I never heard of sea salt spray before this thread so I am no help but I am really curious.  I have lots of allergies to hair products so I need to proceed with caution but would love something to control my hair so I plan to follow your thread.  😉

Sea salt sounds like it has potential if I can find the most basic one.  One of the reviews of Not Your Mother’s said that it smells wonderful........is it scented heavily? 

You may want to look at the Verb, even though I don't like it.  They claim their product only "has good stuff".  No parabens, gluten, or sulfates.   I've seen DIY recipes for seal salt spray, but I haven't tried any.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HollyDay said:

I just bought some Joico body shake, but I haven't had a chance to try it.  My all time favorite is Sexy Hair's Soy Renewal Beach Spray.  It has been discontinued so I am hoarding what I have left.  You use it on wet hair, so it's not a hair spray.  Most of these kinds of products do make my hair feel very dry and straw-like.

2 hours ago, crazyforlatin said:

So with salt spray, do you have do anything else except spray it into your hair? And it gives you volume? 

It doesn't necessarily give volume, but rather texture.  I don't use it on my roots, I use mousse and a blow dryer for volume.  The salt spray just makes my hair look not as straight.  The ends look a bit wispier.  I know I'm not doing a great job explaining this.

**I do sometimes use it on my roots, not always.  I am always trying something different, so I can't remember what I do one day to the next!

Edited by LuvToRead
  • Like 1