Menu

Need meal ideas without these ingredients

klmama

I am serving dinner to a group of people with a variety of special food needs.  If possible, I'd like to make a meal that won't chance cross contamination by having these available as add ons, as some are true allergies, and some of the guests are children.  

No gluten/wheat, pork, tomato, cheese, nuts, oats, mangos, peas, spinach, dried fruit, or slow-cooked foods.  

I like the Spanish omelette idea I read in another thread.  Any other ideas?  Is there a recipe website with a way to input ingedients to avoid?  Thanks. 

Edited by klmama

Chicken or beef stir fry with rice

Chicken breasts, rice and broccoli or green beans

Roast beef (just avoid gravy thickened with roux-- maybe use cornstarch instead), mashed potatoes and broccoli or green beans.

Once you've deglazed your roasting pan and added stock, transfer about 1 cup stock mixture to a medium bowl. Whisk in cornstarch until smooth (you'll need 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon cornstarch for every cup of gravy base in the pan). Return slurry to gravy base in roasting pan and whisk over medium-low heat until thickened and smooth.

https://www.bonappetit.com/test-kitchen/how-to/article/gluten-free-gravy

Pretty sure the NY Times' oven-roasted chicken shawarma recipe fits these requirements.   You can add rice, vegetables or a romaine salad, and yogurt to go along with it.  

I'd post a link but the site is behind a paywall and I am out of free views right now.  (I think 5 a month?)  But if you google it you will find it. 

Is it just cheese but not other milk products?

Roast chicken with tarragon pan sauce, rice to soak up the sauce, veggie or salad

Burgers with no buns, lentil salad, cole slaw, maybe some buttered corn for the less adventurous, or just good old chips

Lemon chicken thighs (great recipe ), tater tots, veggie or salad

Salmon with a glaze (I just mix a bit of honey or orange marmalade with GF soy sauce and pinch of ginger), sauteed rice noodles or just rice, veggies

Chicken and rice soup with GF cornbread

Beef tacos with cheese and other toppings on the side.  I feel like cheese is a lot less of a risk than flour in terms of contamination.  

Black bean bowls- seasoned black beans served with rice, corn, sour cream, salsa, avocado... cheese on the side also.  

Tuna or salmon cakes using GF breadcrumbs, salad, sweet potato fries or mash