Menu

Iron Supplements

bethben

I had to take double dosage of SlowFe during my second pregnancy but it did worked as the blood test results shows stable improvement.

I am taking Rainbow Light chelated iron with vitamin C now. Iron supplements are best taken with orange juice and I don’t usually have orange juice in the house. I also have a vitamin C deficiency so that helps for iron and vitamin C.

I took double dose of Floradix too when I needed my iron levels to go up fast. Then single dose for maintenance.

I use bisglycinate form like Kristen above. Right now I'm using Gentle Iron by Solgar--but any form of bisglycinate should be well absorbed. Take vitamin C with it.

If you can, avoid things that inhibit iron within a few hours of your dose (egg, dairy, soy, bright fruits, spinach and other oxalate containing vegetables). Egg, both yolk and white, are potent iron inhibitors. I avoided as much as possible when I had to raise levels. At any rate, keep egg away from iron supplements.