Menu

Who's going to tackle Tuesday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

Another day, another morning up before 4 am.  If it isn't hot flashes, it is stress.

-coffee
-DS17 off to school (he is currently not speaking to us or even looking at us)
-get DS14 situated with schoolwork
-substitute teach Kindergarten (adorable, but needy) from 7:45 until 11:30 (teacher is back for the afternoon)
-dentist at 12:30
-school work with DS13
-finish cleaning out closet

-stop eating the Halloween candy - complete and utter fail
-clean all light fixtures and ceiling fans
-tutor student at 5 pm (probably working on science today)
-dinner (tacos; meat is already made so everyone can just make on their own)
-carve pumpkins with the kids

Edited by Pink and Green Mom
  • Like 5

Good morning!

• school w/dd
  • office work (absolutely have to clear up the pile on my desk today)
  • post office & bank
  • more meetings involving FIL's care ? (He made disastrous choices over the past 20 years and refused to plan for old age, and now we are left scrambling trying to clean up the mess. I keep promising my kids that I will never, ever put them in a bad situation like this.)
  • dust and vacuum basement
  • laundry - sheets and blankets
  • dinner: veggie burgers
  • Like 5

I had a hard time waking up today again.  But once I got up, I got a few things done.  I think it helped that I got a bunch of domestic things done last night.  Things piling up make it hard to focus on the next thing.

I am still way behind on both work and personal stuff.  Today is a work deadline so here's hoping I make mega progress.

• Finish laundry and pack kids' gym bags.
  • Kids up and off to the school bus just on time.
  • Work discussion.
  • Cleaned kitchen, bathroom, and some clutter.
  • Check work emails, news, social media.
  • Coffee.
  • Made this post.

To do:

• More work.
  • More coffee.
  • Bills.
  • Calendar.
  • Some exercise???
  • Kid 2 home about 4 and then driver will take her to horse riding.
  • Kid 1 has cheer meeting and basketball practice at school, then home for lots of homework and study.
  • Kid 2 to go with auntie to buy other auntie's birthday cake / card(s).
  • Various domestic duties.
  • Kids to bed.
  • Work.
  • Like 6

Good morning!

• Dd to tutorial
  • Gas in Dh's car
  • Bank - deposit
  • Pick up pumpkins at my mom's
  • School with Ds - basics only  
  • Ds to/from science class  
  • Pick up Dd.   
  • CSA box? I may have trouble getting there on time.   
  • Dinner is mexican layered dip? Or maybe  creamy chx soup? Depends on how much prep time I have.   
  • Help kids carve pumpkins and toast seeds. 

• Prep for tomorrow.  My mom is having gall bladder surgery and I will need to be up at oh-dark-hundred to take her to the hospital and stay until she is in recovery and awake. Her friends are taking over for the rest of the day. Need to leave breakfast and school instructions for kids, make sure home phone is charged etc.   
Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 5

Good morning! I hope everyone has a wonderful day. :biggrin:

My wheezing is better. My dad's white cell count was up, so he was able to have his 2nd treatment. Four more to go!

• tutor 4 students
  • take ds to lit teacher's house for a movie
  • more school with ds this evening
  • meals
  • never got to checking account, so do that
  • get truck or treat decor decided and ready for tomorrow
  • Like 5

Good morning! I am sorry about your ds17, Pink and Green- he will come around with love and time. I didn't do much yesterday-the dentist appointment was long and fairly wretched so I have a long list today. The house is teetering on the edge of becoming impossible-It is so small, it doesn't take much to look like a clutter explosion.

• coffee/paper
  • school with ds3 (bio test today-he thinks he is prepared-he is not)
  • check bank/bills
  • email dmil
  • chores, esp. kitchen
  • write
  • grocery store
  • ds3 to tennis
  • check in with dd2
  • figure out dinner
  • pick up ds3

Have a great day!

• Like 4

ds3 was barely adequate on his bio test. A re-do of the questions missed and a discussion of "when you don't know what is going to be on the test- you have to learn everything on the study guide."

He grunted and disappeared into his room, with an emphatic shutting of the door. He came out about 20 minutes later and said- okay, that makes sense.

Got to love freshman boys.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, MysteryJen said:

ds3 was barely adequate on his bio test. A re-do of the questions missed and a discussion of "when you don't know what is going to be on the test- you have to learn everything on the study guide."

He grunted and disappeared into his room, with an emphatic shutting of the door. He came out about 20 minutes later and said- okay, that makes sense.

Got to love freshman boys.

Hopefully, I will be a bit more prepared than I would have otherwise been for that stage, because I have read here from parents who are ahead of me. Might not make it any easier, but less of a surprise, perhaps. Age 11 is a challenge right now!  ?

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 4

Ds has done school, eaten lunch and is carving his pumpkin. Fun to see the process. He aimed too high and chose a pattern too hard for him. Then when I said that I don't have time to help him, he happily drew a simple jack-o lantern face and is carving away. I am trying to help him by letting/making him do as much as possible independently. 

Next up:

• clean up the kitchen
  • Dd's assignments for tomorrow
  • copywork assignment for Ds
  • prep for being out later this afternoon.

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 4

Moving through my list.  I have decluttered my closet (wasn't ruthless enough, will need to do it again), and decluttered a huge bin of books.  Clothes/shoes go to Goodwill tomorrow, books go to homeschool co-op for anyone who wants them.

I should go clean or clean out something.  However, I have to give myself a pep talk for my tutor student.  I am wishing I hadn't agreed to do this.  It is like having a third kid to shepard through school.  

• Like 3

Talked to two college kids today- both have papers due, irritations with scheduling, all the fun things of being near-adults. Though dd1's first interview for law school went well- she was pleased.

Cheeseburger sliders for dinner- late getting started due to the above phone calls and tennis pick up in the rain.

• Like 2