Menu

Does anyone use Colloidal Silver?

mommyoffive

I am all about alternative and natural remedies but this did nothing for me. It was years ago and I don't remember the details, but it wasn't helpful.

My girlfriend has taken everyday for over 20 years with no problems. She says it's the only thing that keeps her pneumonia away.

I use it as a gargle because my dd's doctor said it's really harsh on the liver.  My dd had a strep throat that would not go away after two rounds of antibiotics and a shot of penicillin so I had her gargle with it and spit it out.  She didn't get an infection again although it looked like it was coming back.  I had done the same when I had a strep infection that would not leave.

16 minutes ago, Kinsa said:

I used it for a little while, years ago (15 years ago?) to clear up mastitis.  And yes, it worked.  However, I discontinued using it when I read that it can turn your skin irreversibly blue!

That's a different silver. People who make homemade colloidal silver often do it wrong creating the wrong type of silver and then they get all smurfy. 

• Like 1

I have used it for ear infections when I am waiting to see if I should fill an antibiotic prescription. Seems to help but who knows which of those times the infection would've cleared up even without colloidal silver. 

However, for my 3rd child we now would need to take a more aggressive approach to treating ear infections because of the risk that the infection could spread to her brain via her cochlear implant.

My doc has me keep it on hand now.  She just started suggesting it last year.  We have nasal spray and a mouth spray.  I was skeptical, but with compromised immune systems in house, I will try anything.

Kids and DH got the flu, and I used it religiously and for the first time ever, I didn’t catch it, too.  I usually get it the worst.  

• 2 years later...