Menu

Classified Board Not Working

I am using Chrome. I tried to load photos, but no size I used would load. I tried using a digital camera and my phone neither format worked. I've used my phone for uploading images onto Etsy, eBay, and Ravelry with no issue. 

I tried numerous times to resize my photo in Photoshop and what I got was a fuzzy photos for my ad. The classified board is wonky at best and far too buggy to use effectively. ?

How do you delete an ad?  I got an email today on an old ad and figured I should remove it.  The pull down menu "Advert Actions" does nothing (on either Firefox or Chrome).  Is there some other way to delete them?  Or even mark them as sold?  Thanks

For those having trouble posting to Classifieds here.... there's a Facebook Well Trained Mind Used Curr buy/sell group that seems pretty active. I prefer looking for stuff here and avoid FB, but I still can't get classifieds to work. Also heard that ads can only be up three days and are not renewable. I can see where that might make it too much trouble to post. It kind of makes it too much trouble to search the ads to buy, too, since the chances of finding something specific in any given three-day window would be small.

Why do ads expire after three days?

I have been able to post recently, but noticed that ads expire after three days. That is unreasonably short and makes it very unlikely that the person offering and the person searching for something will ever cross paths within the time window. I wonder whether that could be changed? It also says ads cannot be renewed. That makes it hardly worth using the classifieds board.

2 hours ago, regentrude said:

Why do ads expire after three days?

I have been able to post recently, but noticed that ads expire after three days. That is unreasonably short and makes it very unlikely that the person offering and the person searching for something will ever cross paths within the time window. I wonder whether that could be changed? It also says ads cannot be renewed. That makes it hardly worth using the classifieds board.

Ads may expire, but I don't think expiration does anything. I can still view expired ads.   I was also able to start a message to a seller with an expired ad, and expired ads turn up in search results.  

On 7/25/2018 at 5:53 PM, yvonne said:

For those having trouble posting to Classifieds here.... there's a Facebook Well Trained Mind Used Curr buy/sell group that seems pretty active. I prefer looking for stuff here and avoid FB, but I still can't get classifieds to work. Also heard that ads can only be up three days and are not renewable. I can see where that might make it too much trouble to post. It kind of makes it too much trouble to search the ads to buy, too, since the chances of finding something specific in any given three-day window would be small.

I don't have a FB and know others that don't either, so that isn't something that just anyone could use.  I had put an ad up in the Classifieds a while back and it took forever to get my photo to the right size.  It only lasted 3 days, so had to repost again.

1 hour ago, Classically Minded said:

I don't have a FB and know others that don't either, so that isn't something that just anyone could use.  I had put an ad up in the Classifieds a while back and it took forever to get my photo to the right size.  It only lasted 3 days, so had to repost again.

I know what you mean. I don't like FB, either. Wish I didn't "have" to use it, but one of the yahoo groups that I really like went pretty much all FB. Held out for a year & then gave in. So, I totally get not wanting to use it. I just threw that out there for those who do. I've found a fair amount of books I need for next year on the WTM and the MP used curriculum FB groups, but, yeah... FB ... ugh.

• Like 1

Is there a way to edit the description in my ads?

I have not used the sale/swap board in a long time, but am no longer homeschooling and want to sell my curricula. I posted two ads so far, but want to edit the first, and cannot see where to do that. As someone else mentioned, the "Advert Actions" button does not produce a drop down menu or anything at all. I'm using Chrome, if that matters.

Thanks for the help.

17 hours ago, regentrude said:

Classifieds still not working right. When I click on "Classifieds", I can only see a handful of ads; cannot see the buttons for the categories, cannot post an ad, cannot see expired ads. It worked fine yesterday.

I also could not get to the Classifieds by going through the top link, I had to scroll down the forum and go to the Swap board and then choose for sale from there.  Here is a shortcut:  https://forums.welltrainedmind.com/classifieds/category/1-root/

Edited by Classically Minded
  • Like 1

I am so glad to find this discussion. I hadn't used the classifieds section since the site update and just visited the area. I wanted to post materials in the classifies and when I went to the section I could only see a few ads--no searching ability or categories and can't post.

Please let us know when the classifieds are fixed. Thank you so much for your help!!!

On 8/1/2018 at 1:05 PM, Classically Minded said:

I also could not get to the Classifieds by going through the top link, I had to scroll down the forum and go to the Swap board and then choose for sale from there.  Here is a shortcut:  https://forums.welltrainedmind.com/classifieds/category/1-root/

This link does seem to work; however, clicking on the classifieds link or the swap board do not work....

Hi John.

At a very quick glance, it looks like the classifieds "for sale" link is working but the "browse categories" doesn't. 

I glanced at the "submit an advertisement" link and all seemed well but I don't have time to enter a product right now -- I will update after I have time to do that.

From the classifieds section the "want to buy" and "swap" links still don't work.

Also, on the main classifieds page if you click on the link(s) of the product(s) that are "expiring" soon those links don't work (at the very top of the classifieds section). The ads below in "for sale" do seem to link correctly. The "want to buy" ads don't link correctly but I don't know if that is because they are "expired."

Thank you for working so hard on this! It does seem like you can see the for sale items and I think you can post an item.... ?