Menu

I wore a hat to church!

ktgrok

I did it, I wore a hat. And it turns out I didn’t need to be worried about being too conspicuous. I was so inconspicuous that the priest didn’t even see me at the end of the line for communion and walked away without giving me any, LOL. An usher had to call him back. I’m so short he didn’t see me behind the tall man in front of me I guess.

F02A34F9-F460-481C-A767-228F3475CC44.jpeg

• Like 34

1 hour ago, fairfarmhand said:

I want to restart the hat trend. Ahhh. I’m so envious of those in the U.K. who get to wear them.

You should just do it! I started wearing hats a few years ago. And now, a few other women in my church wear them sometimes, too!

My second dd (16 yo) and I had a talk today. We've decided that if/when she gets married, it will be a 1950s style wedding and all the ladies should wear hats. Yes, even the attendees. And there will be a cry jar. People who cry will have to put money in the cry jar as a gift to the couple. Because she doesn't want crying at her wedding. 

And she wants to get married in a library.

But, yes. Hats.

• Like 1

I have a hat very similar to that one. GMTA. :-) It has a little larger brim, because I bought it primarily to keep out of the sun, and I usually take it off when I'm inside because I just don't like wearing hats. Hat-hair and all that, lol. But maybe I'll be brave and wear it for the whole Mass...one of these. I feel so conspicuous, though, KWIM?