Menu

I just want to scream!!!

It's too early here to call family and friends. But I'm ready to burst and can't keep it to myself.

Dh just made chief!!!! AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

:party:

Congrats, Api and dh! I'm glad I read through the whole thread; I thought you meant "Fire Chief" or "Police Chief." Had no idea it was a military thing!

YAY!

Astrid

I wish I could go to your club and he could buy me a beer! :D

(Or is it just that way at the promotion celebrations I've been to? I always thought other people should be buying you a drink!)

Anyway, HUGE congrats! What a terrific accomplishment! Take some leave and reward yourselves!

Wow! I'm feeling a little humbled. Thank you all. This was ... just so nice. First, being able to share it with you. And then coming back to read all of this. It just ... it's so sweet. I can't put it into words but, sincerely, I thank you.

That's great Congrats. We are in a similar boat. We found out about a month ago that dh hs screened for XO, we were just told he'll be XO of the USS Cole starting in the summer.

Congrats again to your dh, and to you for all your support which I'm sure helped him get there.

I automatically thought HUGS AND KISSES! HUGS AND KISSES!! :D

Congrats to you and your dh, too!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! My dh loved the Navy, but left after 9 years as a 1st Class. (Secretly I think he wishes sometimes he had stayed in!) He always said *Chief* was the best job around! So happy for you all!

Ginger

Dh has noticed the meetings and the paperwork seem to increase with rank. :tongue_smilie:

Congratulations! Will he have a chance to go back to school to make officer?

ROFL

I'm sorry. That's just too funny.

Why would he? He's at the top. There's nowhere to go but down.

Be prepared for him to come home drunk and very messy. The hazing is truly creative. Disgusting but generally very safe and good hearted. I remember both my father's and hubby's chief initiations. Make sure someone takes lots of pictures. They will be something to treasure for the rest of your life.

I was trying to decide whether or not to go, too. :p

I wish I could go to your club and he could buy me a beer! :D

(Or is it just that way at the promotion celebrations I've been to? I always thought other people should be buying you a drink!)

Anyway, HUGE congrats! What a terrific accomplishment! Take some leave and reward yourselves!

Yep, we budgeted $300 for rounds.

The only bad news is he'll be deploying to Iraq shortly after pinning it on.

But we're thinking about doing something special when he gets back.

Wow, that was so loud and so sudden I spilled my spagetti.

Congrats, and don't get too drunk and disorderly celebrating.

Yes, Mom, I promise. ;)