Menu

Another s/o Amazon--favorite purchase

maize

A few years ago, I bought a California redwood sapling for my FIL. It's doing great.

I buy a pack of our favorite Russel Stover chocolates (dark chocolate Roman nougat) every year for Christmas. It's great to just get the kind we like instead of the variety pack.

I just bought a Nexx garage smart remote so the garage opens automatically when we get home.

• Like 1

There are several but in 2007 (I remember because that was the first Christmas without my dad) I got each of the kids Jedi Robes and a lightsaber for Christmas.  They were Jedi saving the Universe all Christmas break.  We had so much fun.  The robes are too small now but we still have the lightsabers and they still work.  Came in handy now that new Star Wars movies are coming out again.  Never too old for lightsabers.  LOL

• Like 1

My favorite would most likely be some fabric dh bought me once; I'd fallen in love with a fabric (this is when we lived in Brazil) and planned to buy it on our next US trip. By that point, though, it was retired/out of print, and no longer available. I scoured shops for it to no avail, but for my bday that year dh managed to find some on Amazon that someone was selling.  (I still haven't actually done anything with it yet, but that is beside the point.....)

Oddest thing we've probably gotten is a car bumper. We were victims of a hit & run (minor) that resulted in bumper damage to our CR-V. Rather than deal with the hassle of insurance, police, etc., since it was so minor, DH decided he could change the bumper himself. Found one on Amazon, it arrived in this huge long box, DH watched a YouTube video to learn what to do, and just like that.....new bumper. 

In the "day to day favorite" category, though, I'd say I most appreciate Amazon when it's time for dog food, cat litter, dishwasher tabs, etc. Especially the dog food & cat litter. Both of those we buy in such large quantities that they're difficult for me to handle loading & unloading from the grocery cart, car, etc. so we order on Amazon. So much easier, and better priced on top of it. Absolutely makes my life easier not having to haul those 40 lb. tubs/50 lb. bags around. 

• Like 1

That's a hard one.  I've bought a lot of books, notebooks, journals, planners which are probably what I like the most.

The most useful was probably a projector we bought to use for our 4-H club.  I use it now for all my classes and it's great.  Works well even in a fully lit room.

I like the convenience of buying ink for my printer and  the super easy Christmas shopping.  I hate going to stores.

I LOVED my laptop but it recently died from getting water splashed on it..   :crying: