Menu

Being asked for SAT scores as a college student

snowbeltmom

When I decided to get my teaching certification in GA at the ripe old age of 37, having my SAT scores meant I didn’t have to take the basic certification test, just the content area one. Why I still had the piece of paper? I have no idea. But it saved me a morning of testing and some $$.

• Like 2

When I decided to get my teaching certification in GA at the ripe old age of 37, having my SAT scores meant I didn’t have to take the basic certification test, just the content area one. Why I still had the piece of paper? I have no idea. But it saved me a morning of testing and some $$.

Interesting.  I was never offered such an option.

I was once asked by a potential client, and this was after I graduated from a top-15 law school and had practiced for several years.  He wanted, he said, "to know how smart you are."  I guess I was smart enough, because I got the work and kept it until he retired several years later.  This was the general counsel of a trust company whose name is on a building in Atlanta.

• Like 3

I think some internships will ask for it. Another scenario might be if you wanted to transfer. Someone could take it again in college, I guess, if they weren't happy with their high school score and knew they might need it for something like an internship or medical school. I wonder if they look at the date and only want to know how you did on it in high school, though. I feel like job interviews post-graduation would be more likely to ask for GPA and other scores like GRE, GMAT, etc.

• Like 1