Menu

Who's going to tackle Friday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

Good morning!

It's December! And it's the weekend!  :hurray:

I woke up with a migraine and am hoping to take it somewhat easy today.

•school

•set out advent calendar (I got a new one with little carved wooden animals in a forest scene.)

•place Chewy order

•farrier appt. at 1:00 - remember to print out report on horse's feet from UW Vet Hospital so farrier can read it

•errands - bank, post office, pick up dog food at vet's

•grocery shopping

•get strings of white or blue lights for deck and a couple more extension cords

•pick up takeout for dinner

•relax & watch a movie tonight

• Like 6

Got the kids out to the school bus on time.  Happy Friday, yippee!

Need to make final changes and send out report this morning.  Hopefully the few changes are not complicated (formulas!).

Many things that need to go out this morning for a December 1 payment deadline.

Many other things that need to go out this afternoon if possible.

Kid to horse riding.

Dinner out somewhere.

Going to see A Christmas Carol at the theater - my kids' classmate is young Scrooge!

Chilling and bed.

• Like 7

Good morning!

Selkie, I hope you feel better. 

My headache went away with medicine but came back last night. Thankfully, I didn't wake up with one, but I do have a stuffy nose. I took extra vitamin C yesterday and drank lots of water. I'm going to do the same today and hopefully keep at bay whatever it is. 

Done:

slept in after staying up late with my sister

To Do:

meals

ds do a little school

visit with sister (watch movies, play games,etc.)

Christmas program tonight

• Like 5

Good morning!

School with dd ✅

Ds to tutorial ✅

Update budget/pay bills ✅

Put away fall decs and get out Christmas ones

Figure out what food to take tonight. ✅

Laundry

Errands

Kids to my mom's

Go to Christmas party with dh.

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 4

Finally got that big report out.  Then about 30 seconds later I received an email asking for more changes!  So I had to make a quick revision and send it again.

Now the morning is over and I am not where I wanted to be on my morning work ....

• Like 3

Checking in for the day. I have been driving and waiting and am now at home in between sessions for the meet. Dd2 had a good morning swim, with a best time. But most of the fun was ruined after getting yelled at by a frustrated coach and being frustrated herself.

The time she wants is a few inches and 30 lbs away and the laws of physics are brutal. Because neither of those things is going to happen soon.

If ever.

These are the sports parenting days that I will not miss when this season of life is over.

• Like 3

Got most of the loan servicing done.

BUT I just realized that I totally forgot to send out yesterday's AHG newsletter.  I mean I did remember it and even worked on it, but I forgot to finish it and send it.  I got so focused on a complex and urgent work project ... I might still have been able to squeeze it in, but it slipped my mind.

So today I had to apologize to the people whose articles I failed to circulate (thankfully only 2 people).  I am such an idiot.

• Like 3

kitchen - cleaned the stove.

laundry - put wet clothes in the dryer.  Put new load in the washer.

paperwork - Did Japanese with dd.  Plus I got an email from DuoLingo Japanese where they acknowledged that my translation was right and they were wrong..  They fixed it.  I had forgotten all about that since I'm pretty sure that it was at least 3 months ago when I hit the "report" (or whatever it says) button to report a problem! 

Graded 10th grade math. 

• Like 1

Spent the afternoon clothes shopping. Ugh. One of my least favorite things to do! I have put on some weight and am not pleased with my appearance. I have been getting by with no new clothes for a long time, years. Just a few items from thrift stores. But I need some nice clothes that fit and thrift shopping is very hit-or-miss. 

Sigh. I detest spending money on clothes for me. Almost as bad as car repairs, but not quite. 

So, my list.

Thanksgiving decs are boxed, but not in the attic and I haven't gotten any Christmas things out. 

Laundry is done.

Budget is up to date and bills are paid.

Kids are at my mom's for the night.

Next up: quick grocery run to get an appetizer to take to a party tonight. 

• Like 3