Menu

I have been skimmed

Melissa in Australia

Ugh, I feel your pain.  In the last year or so, we've had (1) nearly $10,000 taken from my daughter's account (that was more than was in it, by the way); (2) my wallet stolen out of my car (perp got $30's worth of gas with my debit card before I got back to my car, but the real damage was to my car); (3) my credit card compromised (someone in Maine bought a bunch of pizza with it); and (4) my husband's credit card compromised (someone bought carpet in Oregon).  Every single time, it is a PITA.  It is also the reason that I am getting a second credit card and that I keep several days' worth of cash hidden in my house at all times.  Not 52 days' worth, though--yikes!

• Like 1

Ugh, I feel your pain.  In the last year or so, we've had (1) nearly $10,000 taken from my daughter's account (that was more than was in it, by the way); (2) my wallet stolen out of my car (perp got $30's worth of gas with my debit card before I got back to my car, but the real damage was to my car); (3) my credit card compromised (someone in Maine bought a bunch of pizza with it); and (4) my husband's credit card compromised (someone bought carpet in Oregon).  Every single time, it is a PITA.  It is also the reason that I am getting a second credit card and that I keep several days' worth of cash hidden in my house at all times.  Not 52 days' worth, though--yikes!

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

52 days is crazy!!! This is why I don't use my debit cards anywhere but legit ATMs. We have two friends who have constant problems with their debit cards being compromised, and it's a huge hassle for them every time. At one point the bank insinuated that one friend was scamming them and that they might not get their money back after all. 

I really hope the bank moves much faster than you think  :grouphug: