Menu

Important Thanksgiving Tip: Don't eat turkey from the dumpster

Zebra

Do not, I repeat, do not, eat turkey that came from a dumpster.  

"It’s not a good idea, it’s a very bad idea. These turkeys were discarded because they were a hazard to consume," police wrote on Facebook.

Also, don't buy a turkey from someone you don't know, for example, off the the back of a truck on the highway.

"If anyone had acquired a bird from some non-conventional manner from someone you don’t know, discard and replace it."

The police didn't confirm this, but if you were to find a LIVE turkey in a dumpster, that would probably be okay to eat.   Just not the already dead ones that the grocery store threw out.

http://www.wmtw.com/article/maine-police-dont-eat-turkeys-from-the-dumpster/13812914

Edited by Zebra
  • Like 3

I just have so many questions about this.

Did someone see people running away with dumpster turkeys?   Then they called the police?   The area it happened in isn't exactly full of the less fortunate, so I can't even imagine who this was.   

Maine is cold enough so your dumpster turkey may be ok  :lol: .   Unlike, Florida.   Plus, you would have to fight a crocodile or a snake for it in Florida.

I don't know if any of you remember The Tightwad Gazette, but there is a whole section in that about dumpster diving...  

• Like 2

I just have so many questions about this.

Did someone see people running away with dumpster turkeys? Then they called the police? The area it happened in isn't exactly full of the less fortunate, so I can't even imagine who this was.

Maine is cold enough so your dumpster turkey may be ok :lol: . Unlike, Florida. Plus, you would have to fight a crocodile or a snake for it in Florida.

I don't know if any of you remember The Tightwad Gazette, but there is a whole section in that about dumpster diving...

Yeah...when I read the article in the paper this morning I was trying to figure out how a dumpster turkey could get above 40 degrees. They seemed rather concerned about that. I'm like hmmm, has the reporter been outside recently? Lol.

• Like 1