Menu

How can I watch Game 7 of the World Series online tonight? Pay per view fine ....

milovany

I'd really like to sit at home with my kids and watch the Dodgers take the series in seven tonight ( ;) ) but we don't have cable.  I don't want to spend the first part of the game searching and searching for somewhere to watch it online and never find anywhere except for a YouTube hack that's going to be taken down before the game is over.  

I know Fox Sports is showing it, but I believe you have to have cable to watch it.  Are there any places offering it (with permission) either free or as a pay per view?   

Any help and especially links would be super appreciated.  I Google it and get lots of hits, but I don't know if they're supposed to be showing the game or not and if they'll be shut down.  I just want a sure thing if one exists.  I don't mind paying.  

My now 80 year old dad has been a Dodger fan since he was nine years old when he listened to the underdog Brooklyn Dodgers beat the New York Yankees on the radio.  He's been to several games at Dodger Stadium, and goes to their spring training in Arizona, but he'd never been to a World Series game.  My mom, sisters and I pooled together to send him and a friend to Game 2 last week, which was a lot of fun for all of us. They lost, but it was an amazing record-breaking game.  The whole series this year has been fabulous.  But I really want to watch the last game without distraction if possible.  

Any ideas?  

Edited by milovany
  • Like 1

I'm not at home to check but I'm pretty sure it would also be on the normal Fox broadcast channel in addition to the Fox Sports channel.

Sorry, I meant to say online because we don't have any TV service (although maybe they stream their broadcast channel online?).  

• Like 1

MLB partnered with YouTube TV this year, so you can watch the games through that. (They've run a million ads during the series, so I'm well aware of it. I can also tell you all about T-Mobil's homerun hurricane relief thing, too :lol: ) YouTube TV costs $35/month, but there's a free trial period. So you could get it, watch the game, then cancel. You can check here to see what's available in your are, and here to sign up/get more info.

Edited by Sammish
  • Like 2

MLB partnered with YouTube TV this year, so you can watch the games through that. (They've run a million ads during the series, so I'm well aware of it. I can also tell you all about T-Mobil's homerun hurricane relief thing, too :lol: ) YouTube TV costs $35/month, but there's a free trial period. So you could get it, watch the game, then cancel. You can check here to see what's available in your are, and here to sign up/get more info.

Wish that idea would work for me!  I checked and it's not available in my area.  :(

But I'm thinking Fox network TV might work (found this page) -- but it says it doesn't go live until 5:00 pm PST tonight which is the same time that the game starts. Hopefully it will work or I'll find another solution before then.  

Thank you! 

• Like 2

OP thanks for the thread. My wife is in charge of Consumer Electronics here, so I am going to ask her to look and see if we get it with our (most basic) TV channels.  Hopefully I can watch it with her on the TV. If not, I will try to find it online, as your thread asks about.  I think we get some Fox Sports channels.  

Good luck to both teams!   I am from L.A. but I lived more years in TX and I vote there. 

Follow on:   I went in and spoke with my wife ("The Queen of Remote Controls") about this.  She turned on the TV and went through the Sports Channels that we get with the most inexpensive TV package. We get 3 Fox Sports Channels, but it isn't on one of them. She found it on ESPN HD.  We are on E.S.T. all year and it will begin at 7 P.M. here in Colombia.  I have a date with my wife to watch it.  I should go out and buy some Microwave Popcorn? 

@OP  I hope that you are able to watch it Online!

Lanny, thanks for your helpful and kind comments.   I do think it's going to show on this FOX channel (here) but I'll check out ESPN as a back up (or do you have a direct link I can bookmark?).    

Edited by milovany
  • Like 2

Gah, I checked out the Fox link and I don't know if it's going to work.  I think you have to have cable to use even that link.  :(

I really don't mind paying a little bit if anyone knows a reputable pay-per-view option. 

Edited by milovany
  • Like 1

Milovany, I looked and I'm just not seeing anything.  :(

We don't have cable either, so I understand the frustration.

Several years ago dh got a tuner, made an antenna out of wires and a 2x4, and somehow hooked it up to our computer.  We get about 2 or 3 channels.

If it were my team, I would be finding a cheap restaurant with a TV or crashing at a friend's house

• Like 1

Lanny, thanks for your helpful and kind comments.   I do think it's going to show on this FOX channel (here) but I'll check out ESPN as a back up (or do you have a direct link I can bookmark?).    

My wife went through the programming on the TV screen.   Our ISP is Movistar (in Colombia). Sorry I don't have a link for you, but she found it on a ESPN HD channel.  I think that's how it showed, ESPN HD

The coverage is starting at 7 P.M., E.S.T., which is 5 P.M., P.D.T.

ETA:  Our TV service is also in the same package from Movistar, the same Invoice I pay each month,  but the Internet and Landline phone come in on the FTTH cable (Fiber Optic) and the TV is totally separate, coming in via Satellite Dish.

I hope your family is able to watch it tonight!

Edited by Lanny

Ahhhh, that's it.  You have television service -- we don't.  We stream anything we want to watch on the internet and don't have cable or a dish or anything.  I may try a VPN and see if I can get YouTube TV that way.  

Edited by milovany
  • Like 1

I googled for "world series game 7 live streaming" without the quote marks.  This is the URL for the SERPs.  I hope you can find something that you can stream on the Internet so your family can watch game 7!

https://www.google.com.co/search?q=world+series+game+7+live+streaming&oq=world+series+game+7%2B&aqs=chrome.5.69i57j0l5.12577j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

ETA: Online Stream: fuboTV (Try for free)

Edited by Lanny

ETA: Online Stream: fuboTV (Try for free)

Lanny, I know you may be busy because the game will start soon and well, you don't sit around here at my beck and call, but I downloaded Fubo.  Do you know anything about it?  It's only showing me a DVR option for the game right now -- do you think that's because it's not live yet, or would it be blocked somehow?  Anyway, I'll keep messing around with it!

• Like 1

Lanny, I know you may be busy because the game will start soon and well, you don't sit around here at my beck and call, but I downloaded Fubo.  Do you know anything about it?  It's only showing me a DVR option for the game right now -- do you think that's because it's not live yet, or would it be blocked somehow?  Anyway, I'll keep messing around with it!

Well, everything went fine here until approximately 818 E.S.T. and then we lost TV service. Not just that ESPN HD Channel, but all of the Channels. Nothing in our house seemed to the naked eye to have caused that. Then, a few minutes later, a big thunderstorm with lots of rain and the antenna wouldn't be able to see the satellite under those conditions if it had been working at that time.

It was 5 to 0, Astros, when that happened...

So, I came in here and tried to Stream on those 2 links I posted earlier. One of them said not available in our area and the other one, when I tried to register, said it was free, but they want a credit card. I don't want to do that, because I would probably forget that I had signed up, not use it again, and they would bill us every month.

I believe either of those 2 places (and probably several more I saw referenced on reputable web sites such as CBSSports earlier) are quite reputable. No experience with them.

We had a great view, on ESPN HD, until the TV gave us a message of no signal...

I hope you were able to watch it.

P.S.

When I went in to watch it, my wife told me it would only be in Spanish, but I had already decided that we should watch it in Spanish so she would understand.  Most of the commercials were for people in Venezuela.  We are in Colombia. I believe Baseball is very popular in Venezuela. Houston had 2 players tonight from Venezuela.  

Nope, never found a place to watch it.  My sis even gave me her log in information for their cable company and I couldn't even get that to work.  Sigh.  I do have ESPN up (radio in one window and live action graphics in another) so am following it a bit.  Gosh, I hope the D's give the crowd something to cheer about.  If the game plays all the way out like it is right now, I'm super glad we sent my dad to Game 2 and didn't wait for an if/when Game 7 option.  

Edited by milovany
  • Like 1

I'm sorry that you were unable to watch it, but if you are a Dodger fan, this wasn't their best night and it was in their home stadium.  My wife left the TV on and the signal came back on, approximately 20 minutes after it failed, so we watched all but about 20 minutes of it, on ESPN HD.    

I am glad that I did not give that Streaming site the credit card data, because it was FAR better watching it on the TV in HD, with my wife, than on this 14" laptop screen, by myself.  

I got a 1 month subscription to Hulu this month just so I could see the MLB playoffs. I had MLBTV during the last part of the regular season and I am totally going to do that again next year! I am in the Philly market and I am a Red Sox fan so it works well. I can see all games that they are not playing Philly in. 

So if you are a baseball fan, you have options. 

• Like 1

Well.  I did my level best to find a place to watch the game (using the above methods) and as described ended up using ESPN Radio and their live play graphic instead.  But by the 5th inning or so, even that wasn't working!  So, so frustrating.  I honestly wondered if I had inadvertently downloaded something that was now whacking away at the innards of my laptop.  By the end of the game, I had nothing.  

After alllll that effort (four hours of trying to do something to watch), I gave up.  

And then found out that much of the internet in our region (eastern Washington down to San Jose CA), provided through one of the major providers, started to fail around the beginning of the game and eventually crashed.  It was down until about 3.5 hours after the game ended.  Made me wonder if it was game related, but they say it was a physical equipment failure (fiber optics). 

Something was trying to tell me something.  Thanks to everyone who tried to help and the game was puh for a Dodger fan.  

Edited by milovany