Menu

Who's going to the Midwest HS Convention?

No one you wanted to hear??!! :eek: Andrew Pudewa, Christopher Perrin, and Jessie Wise! ;)

Just kidding. That's the way I feel about our state's usual convention - same old, same old, every year, never anyone I actually want to listen to. I used to go when it was the only game in town, but now Cincinnati is bringing in fresh names.

I just need the info and I will see if I can work it out. :) It would be fun.

I am going to the convention. My mom is in sales so we were able to work it out where hubby will school the kiddos and I will head down with my mom for the convention. Her work will pay for our hotel. :) Makes the budget go a little further. :)

Alison

Hi Sandy,

Unfortunately (and it truly is unfortunate), we won't be going this year. It's just too hard to make it work financially with the little guy coming. I really would have liked to hear Jessie, but going for just one day is asking a lot for someone as tired as I am, LOL. I loved going with just dh last year and looking over/talking about/refreshinging our goals, curriculum choices etc. It was a terrific weekend together and I'd love to repeat it. There is just no way this year though. :(

I'm sorry! *sniff*

I wish they would get better people at the IAHE convention. Is it just me, or is it getting worse each year? I'm not sure if I'm going. No money, although I'd like to go for the vendor hall.

Kristine

Last year IAHE's speaker choice was a huge disappointment, and this year they are continuing the same theme. The year with John Stonestreet and Ken Ham was sooooo inspiring. I won't be back at IAHE unless they get off this "vision" thing.

And just for info's sake, the IAHE convention is April 18-19.

Yes, I completely agree with you, Sandy. Even the magazines from IAHE are making me irritated with them. Their "vision" thing is entirely to agenda focused and it puts a really poor taste in my mouth. I find it interesting that they moved it to April though. It's almost always in March. Makes me wonder if last year there was a big drop because of the Cinci one? I think it was the exact same weekend last year.

All that to say, I agree and will also not attend until there are major changes in that organization.

Yes, I completely agree with you, Sandy. Even the magazines from IAHE are making me irritated with them. Their "vision" thing is entirely to agenda focused and it puts a really poor taste in my mouth. I find it interesting that they moved it to April though. It's almost always in March. Makes me wonder if last year there was a big drop because of the Cinci one? I think it was the exact same weekend last year.

All that to say, I agree and will also not attend until there are major changes in that organization.

I've heard that they don't get to choose the dates, the dates are given to them by the convention center. Not sure how true this is. "Vision" thing, that made me laugh, so true, so true.

Kristine

• 1 month later...

I just heard back from Brennan Dean. He said we'd be welcome to a room to meet again, and we'll set up the details when we get there. I'll take care of setting something up. I'll put a sign up at the desk as we did last year. I'm thinking Friday at 3 will be a good time to meet.

And....mark your calendars for April 16-18, 2009. SWB will be speaking!

I would so love to come, but this year I don't think it's going to be possible.

SWB next year?!! I am definitely marking the calendar now! I'd really, really like to hear her speak at least once in my life. Although, "hanging out" with her on these boards is a good deal too. ;)