Menu

Texting app

happypamama

I need a texting app that will let my kids use their tablets (one iPad, one Android tablet) to send text messages to my iPhone and to Android phones.  Not Hangouts or Whatsapp or FBMessenger.  I want them to be able to put in some phone numbers and have the tablets send messages to my phone.  Yes, I know their iPad has iMessage, but it's linked to my iAccount, so the iMessage on their is my iMessage account, and I don't need them in that.  I want them to have their own text accounts.  

I'm willing to buy an app, but I don't want something with an ongoing charge or something.  

Edited by happypamama

My whole family is on my iTunes account, but we all have separate iMessage accounts under separate email addresses so that we can send messages to each other, but not receive each others messages. Even with my own multiple Apple products, each device has its own iMessage “addressâ€, so messages from my iMac don’t go to my phone or iPad or vice versa. I’ve purposely set them up this way.

I have no idea for the Androids, though.

Edited by fraidycat
  • Like 2

My whole family is on my iTunes account, but we all have separate iMessage accounts under separate email addresses so that we can send messages to each other, but not receive each others messages. Even with my own multiple Apple products, each device has its own iMessage “addressâ€, so messages from my iMac don’t go to my phone or iPad or vice versa. I’ve purposely set them up this way.

I have no idea for the Androids, though.

Yes, this. We have five different emails using the same Apple ID account.

You will have to go into settings or something so that they stay separate, otherwise everyone can get every message... sorry, not sure how to do that but I can ask my "tech guy" if you go this route and can't find the info

Eiditing to add: this will work with any iMessage, either phone number or email, but a non-apple device can't send a text message to an email iMessage.

Edited by Rebel Yell
  • Like 1

Yes, this. We have five different emails using the same Apple ID account.

You will have to go into settings or something so that they stay separate, otherwise everyone can get every message... sorry, not sure how to do that but I can ask my "tech guy" if you go this route and can't find the info

Eiditing to add: this will work with any iMessage, either phone number or email, but a non-apple device can't send a text message to an email iMessage.

We do the same thing. We have plenty of apple devices that receive only their messages.

• Like 1