Menu

Anyone else get "out of sync" after time changes to/from Daylight Savings?

It never fails. For several days after we reset the clocks, I feel groggy and tired. It doesn't matter if we are gaining an hour or losing an hour; I still feel like my internal clock is "off". EK is the same way. She is complaining of feeling tired today, and just can't get going. We did have a busy week last week, and a busy weekend with ER home from college for a couple of days. And the weather is changing with clouds and rain moving in within the next several hours. But this happens after every time change, whether we "spring forward" or "fall back". You wouldn't think that just one hour would make that much difference! Anyone else???

Edited by ereks mom

Not me - I'm finally *back* in sync. I do not like DSL. I wish we would keep *regular* time year round.

I'm with you! I've been so awake and back to normal since the time change. I don't understand it - getting up at 7 am last week seemed like such a chore; now the past two days I've been up at 6 wide awake and ready to go!

I'm with you! I've been so awake and back to normal since the time change. I don't understand it - getting up at 7 am last week seemed like such a chore; now the past two days I've been up at 6 wide awake and ready to go!

:iagree: Of course, we didn't do much over the weekend and I had at least two naps. That might account for some of it. Spring messes me up however. It takes a week to recover moving forward.

That spring forward is tougher for me, but either way messes with my eating and sleeping routine. I buckled and had a cup of coffee earlier. Now, I don't care because I'm hopped up on caffeine. I'm sure I'll pay for this later.

Wishing you a speedy and harmonious adjustment.:001_huh:

That spring forward is tougher for me, but either way messes with my eating and sleeping routine.

Same here. I think I'm also experiencing a bit of sluggishness due to the incoming cloudy weather after last week which was full of sunny days. I'm one who needs lots of sunshine or I get moody. Also I'm drooping a bit because the weekend was just too short (ER was home but went back to campus last night).

What I'm having trouble with mostly this year is the delayed change. I guess I'm just too used to changing the clocks in early October instead of early November. Right when we hit the middle of October and we didn't change the clocks, I started to get way out of sync. Now that we've finally moved back an hour, I'm hoping to get back on track.

The girls seem fine with the change. They both have colds though, so they're more focused on that than the time change.

It usually bothers me for awhile, but what is really getting to me this year is the fact that my 3yo's usual 5 or 5:30 AM wakeup (which was bad enough) is now FOUR in the morning. That really should be illegal. Especially with a nursing 1yo.:tongue_smilie: She is a very intense child and no amount of "it's too early, go back to bed" does any good. :banghead:

I'm glad you mentioned that. My 11yo was just brain-dead today! I even pinned him to the floor and tickled him trying to get him to get with the program. Alas, he decided to dig under the refrigerator, and cut his pointer finger right on the tip (where it touches the pencil, of course!).

Needless to say, I am glad he's at football right now~