Menu

Power Ball at half a billion

Moxie

I admit that the van needed a car wash & I was in desperate need of gas, so I stopped for both. The station was in the Big City, so I went in to pre-pay (since I don't trust the credit card slots outside anymore after 2x of having my card # stolen at what could only be out of town gas station outside credit card pump readers). The station had a car wash special on Wednesdays bringing the wash down by $4 ($5, but I'd have gotten $1 off for gassing up). So, I spent my $4 savings on two tickets. The kids were amused.

I don't believe I'll win, but the process and discussion of the odds & taxes were good educational fodder for the drive home.

Good luck everyone!

I'd print up a few million yard signs with Luuknam 2020. 

J/k. For one, I'm not a citizen, so there's that. Also, not my idea of a fun job. It'd be weird having enough money to buy power though (and no, it'd not be enough money to buy the presidency even if one were a natural born citizen... but it could be influential for some issue on a national level, or be influential on some more local level or w/e). I don't know if I'd do anything related to politics, or just charities, or w/e... so many possibilities, yet so little money still in the grand scheme of things (not sure what exactly it'd be worth after taxes, but the winner's net worth would still be less than 0.5% of Bill Gates's net worth).

Realistically, we'd need to talk to a lawyer, ASAP. Especially since DW is bipolar. It'd not be good if she could blow through hundreds of millions in the manic phase sparked by winning hundreds of millions. Sigh. 

• Like 1