Menu

Teen boy pants--I need help!

MEmama

My boy wears exclusively athletic clothes--no jeans, no buttons or zippers. Just sweatpants and leggings. Since he's always been homeschooled that's been fine, but I'm thinking leggings (athletic tights) really aren't acceptable at the public high school so I'm on the search for some alternatives.

At 5'7 and 106 pounds, he's in that tough spot to fit, but should be plenty tall for typical teen shops.

Any suggestions out there where we can start? He won't go into the places that smell like cologne, so I might be doing this myself and making multiple trips (or better, online). Today I tried Abercrombie and American Eagle factory shops, but mostly they had jeans.

What's his waist measurement? Ds is maybe a couple of inches shorter than your son, but with a 26" waist we were pretty much out of luck at everywhere but American Eagle. 28" was generally speaking the smallest waist most stores carried.

ETA: Athletic pants (not tights, they fit looser) seem pretty trendy among teens here. Especially if they're UnderArmour. In that case, I find ordering off the UA website is almost always cheaper - especially if you use their fitness tracking programs as you can often snag a discount code that way.

Edited by mamaraby
  • Like 2

My son who has always been fond of athletic clothes and come to jeans recently likes the Levi's bike jeans. They come in this slightly stretchy denim. He is almost 5'9" 112 lbs and you can find them in waist sizes down to 26. This is a great price, I might have to order a few!

http://t.levi.com/US/en_US/levi-sale-men/p/045112012?camp=CAGPLA_DF:04511201202630:LEVI&gclid=Cj0KCQjwn6DMBRC0ARIsAHZtCePVGZzaJV6Nwe6SnxT9XMrPQMjcqNmByiqgCJJukvVdyRLOcXoW7ycaAg55EALw_wcB

• Like 3

What's his waist measurement? Ds is maybe a couple of inches shorter than your son, but with a 26" waist we were pretty much out of luck at everywhere but American Eagle. 28" was generally speaking the smallest waist most stores carried.

ETA: Athletic pants (not tights, they fit looser) seem pretty trendy among teens here. Especially if they're UnderArmour. In that case, I find ordering off the UA website is almost always cheaper - especially if you use their fitness tracking programs as you can often snag a discount code that way.

I think he has a 28" inch waist now. That should help.

He needs pants for really lean legs. He just swims in most and doesn't like the feel of the extra material (hence the preference for leggings).

My son who has always been fond of athletic clothes and come to jeans recently likes the Levi's bike jeans. They come in this slightly stretchy denim. He is almost 5'9" 112 lbs and you can find them in waist sizes down to 26. This is a great price, I might have to order a few!

http://t.levi.com/US/en_US/levi-sale-men/p/045112012?camp=CAGPLA_DF:04511201202630:LEVI&gclid=Cj0KCQjwn6DMBRC0ARIsAHZtCePVGZzaJV6Nwe6SnxT9XMrPQMjcqNmByiqgCJJukvVdyRLOcXoW7ycaAg55EALw_wcB

Bike jeans?!? That might hold promise (he's a competition cyclist)! Off to check these out...

• Like 1

I think he has a 28" inch waist now. That should help.

He needs pants for really lean legs. He just swims in most and doesn't like the feel of the extra material (hence the preference for leggings).

You might want to look at size 18/20 from the boys department as well.  They might be cut slimmer?

• Like 1