Menu

PSA selling games at GameStop. ..

bettyandbob

My DD just sold a huge load of games old discontinued Pokemon ds games. My dds Pokemon games were all broken, so not usable. They gave her $20 each. They told her they send them somewhere to be fixed and resell for $60.

I would have chucked a broken game. DD is a bit of a hoarder but has been trying to clean up recently. She is still a gamer a frequents GameStop every few months. On her last trip she mentioned the broken games and was informed she could sell them.

She also had several unbroken games that we're not Pokemon. They gave her 5 cents for some of those.

Anyway look for those old Pokemon ds games.

• Like 2

My boy recently cashed in his old Wii and games that had not been touched in years to get an X-box. He did OK at Gamestop,

Bill (who kicked in the difference)

Can you get an estimate before you sell? Mind telling me roughly how much he was given?

Edited by LarlaB

My boy recently cashed in his old Wii and games that had not been touched in years to get an X-box. He did OK at Gamestop,

Were your ds's games usable even though not used in some time. Dd's weren't usable. I never would have thought they'd pay for those.

Can you get an estimate before you sell? Mind telling me roughly how much he was given?

There is a way to check the values on the Gamestop website. My son did that before we went. The offer in the store was the same. He was at about $100-120. That was 2 controllers, a bunch of games (Mario Kart being the highest valued).

Compared to original retail, we took a bath. But for a consul that was moldering—and old technology at that—I was surprised.

I'm also surprised (as a non-gamer) that the cool aspect of being able to swing a Wii controller like a stick isn't realized in X-boxes or Playstations. The dorky controllers seem very 1990s to me, despite the great graphics.

Bill

• Like 2

One of my pet sitting clients have me a bunch of Pokémon DS games awhile back. Games for 3ds, ds, and Gameboy advanced. Plus the consoles. I traded them in to Amazon for $400 in credit. GameStop would have paid well too but slightly less.

• Like 3

One of my pet sitting clients have me a bunch of Pokémon DS games awhile back. Games for 3ds, ds, and Gameboy advanced. Plus the consoles. I traded them in to Amazon for $400 in credit. GameStop would have paid well too but slightly less.

:ohmy:

• Like 1

:ohmy:

Yeah, it was quite insane. She also gave us 2 huge bins of Legos, 4 unopened Lego sets, this huge army playset, a bunch of Minecraft books, a Lego robotics kit, and these remote control robot things. Her son had outgrown all of it and she very generously gave it to us to take what we wanted and do whatever we wanted to do with the rest.

• Like 4

There is a way to check the values on the Gamestop website. My son did that before we went. The offer in the store was the same. He was at about $100-120. That was 2 controllers, a bunch of games (Mario Kart being the highest valued).

Compared to original retail, we took a bath. But for a consul that was moldering—and old technology at that—I was surprised.

I'm also surprised (as a non-gamer) that the cool aspect of being able to swing a Wii controller like a stick isn't realized in X-boxes or Playstations. The dorky controllers seem very 1990s to me, despite the great graphics.

Bill

Sweet!  I had no idea RE checking it out on the website.   I know we have a few higher value games, but I bought the console and controllers used on eBay about 7 years ago, so not a huge loss as compared to new.

• Like 1

Interesting, my son just did the same, but the difference was made up from lawn mowing at grandpa's house for the last few months. I am considering buying him a game, he did work hard. Since he was buying himself, we ordered online, the X-box was $10 cheaper online from Gamestop than in store. The guy at the counter could not believe it and looked it up himself, he did not realize the price difference. He gave us the store credit rate and a card with a code to redeem online. Edited by ElizabethB

Yeah, it was quite insane. She also gave us 2 huge bins of Legos, 4 unopened Lego sets, this huge army playset, a bunch of Minecraft books, a Lego robotics kit, and these remote control robot things. Her son had outgrown all of it and she very generously gave it to us to take what we wanted and do whatever we wanted to do with the rest.

That reminds me:

Another mom from my son's hockey team once gave my DD a bag of American Girl doll clothes. It was so sweet bc she had noticed DD often had a doll with her. She said her DD was going into high school and barely looked at the dolls any more.

• Like 1