Menu

The CARS Teachers Lounge 6-26-2017

scrapbookbuzz

Happy Manic Monday, all! Welcome to the Lounge!

Whether you thought the title of today's Lounge referred to the movie or actual cars,

you'd be right on both counts! I know my kids and I would like to go see the movie, but

haven't yet. But on the note of actual cars, mine died on Saturday, while I wasn't home. 

So not only did I have to have it towed home on Saturday, I had to have it towed to the 

mechanic today. (My mechanic doesn't work on the weekends and I really don't trust 

any other mechanics.) So there's that.  :mellow:

Anyone else have/having car issues? Here: see above.

What kind of car/vehicle do you drive? Here: Toyota Camry.

Anyone else think we should just go back to mainly horses? Here: sometimes.

Talk to me! :bigear: 

• Like 1

Car issues: No, but we were a couple weeks ago.  Ani bought a new (well, used - it's a 2006) car to replace her old one (which was a 2002) that died.

Vehicle: I have a 2012 Dodge Grand Caravan, Jamie has a 2012 Ford Focus, and Ani has a 2006 Chrysler Sebring convertible.

Horses: Noooo... they kind of scare me!

• Like 1

I drive a Toyota Sienna mini van, and yes, I've recently replaced the struts AND now my air conditioning developed a leak. GRRRR...

Thankfully not hot out because we leave in five minutes for the Detroit airport. Sniff sniff, my dd and precious grandbaby boy have to go home.

BIG POUTY LIP!  :crying:

• Like 2

I thought it was the movie too. The family saw it at the drive in!

We have a 2014 kia sedona with 167,000 miles on it. Im totally jinxing myself here, but we got it dirt cheap and have had minimal problems witb it. No car payment, so I LOVE it. Yes I'd love to try out the horse riding days. Sometimes.

eta it is a 2004 we bought in 2014.

Edited by Elizabeth86
  • Like 2

Dd would love horses! I like horses, but I love my van. It is comfortable, reliable and paid for.

Dh drives a '99 Avalon with 220K miles on it. It runs and the air works.We will have to replace it soon. Ugh!

I drive an '03 Odyssey with 170K miles on it.

I detest spending time and money on vehicles. Sorry for your auto woes, Scrap!

• Like 2

We have one car that is getting the broken drivers side mirror replaced tomorrow. Yay! This is Dh's car, but mostly ds 19 drives it because dh works from home. I drive a 2011 Sienna, which last year replaced the 2000 Sienna we bought new. I love Toyota. My dh thinks we should go back to horses, mostly for environmental reasons, though. I agree with the environmental reasons, but not necessarily the horse solution.

• Like 2

No car issues, but I've had them before so I sympathize!

Dodge Durango, newer model.

Yes, so much simpler in many ways. Having to feed them would preclude so much busyness in our society! I've never owne d horses, but my parents had cows (beef) my entire life. We hardly ever went any where, which in many ways was a good thing. I've been reading "On the Banks of Plum creek" to dd 8 and I love the simplicity of their lives. I must keep reminding myself of the difficulties imposed by the simple life.

• Like 2

Last week DH's Prius needed the 12V battery replaced. The hybrid battery is fairly new but is having a bit of trouble with the heat still. Hopefully if it needs replacing it's under warranty!

My car is newer than the Prius (it was my first ever actual new car) but not as nice (just a step up from a base model), a 2015 Versa Note. Don't recall what year DH's Prius is, but we bought it used.

• Like 2

Anyone else have/having car issues? Here: see above.

What kind of car/vehicle do you drive? Here: Toyota Camry.

Anyone else think we should just go back to mainly horses? Here: sometimes.

Talk to me! :bigear:

I thought of the band, and specifically of the song "Drive."

No car issues at the moment, though ours are old enough to fail at some point soon. I've been kind of surprised DH's is still going. It's an '01 and was never a great car.

I definitely don't want to go back to horses. One, I like crap-free streets. Two, talk about high maintenance! At least I can leave the car parked for a week without feeding it if I don't need to go anywhere. I would prefer to be within walking distance of most places I need to go, and/or to live somewhere with a subway or light rail to get around.

Edited by whitehawk
  • Like 3