Menu

Getting ready for a yardsale

school17777

I have been working hard going through things in the basement in preparation for our upcoming yardsale this weekend.

I already have a huge pile in the basement ready to sell including old baby stuff and homeschooling things since I'm no longer homeschooling. Both of those things are hard for me to get rid of.

I still have a Bob stroller and a nice fold up umbrella type stroller. I have been planning on keeping them for future gc (none in the horizon), but now I'm on a purging binge and rethinking that. Any thoughts for or against hanging onto?

I have been working hard going through things in the basement in preparation for our upcoming yardsale this weekend.

I already have a huge pile in the basement ready to sell including old baby stuff and homeschooling things since I'm no longer homeschooling. Both of those things are hard for me to get rid of.

I still have a Bob stroller and a nice fold up umbrella type stroller. I have been planning on keeping them for future gc (none in the horizon), but now I'm on a purging binge and rethinking that. Any thoughts for or against hanging onto?

Unless you have a dependent in their twenties, I would sell on Craigslist.    Let it go and then buy again, (used if needed) in the future. 

• Like 2

Baby items seem to get better, lighter, and safer every year. Fabric or tires might rot, safety straps might not be up to future standards, a hugely improved much lighter weight easier to fold and store model will be there for your future grandkids, and someone could use your stroller right now. Grandkids could be 10 years away.

Or 10 hours travel time away.... :(

• Like 7

I could see keeping a few special items, particularly if you don't expect to have much disposable income when grandchildren do enter the picture.  But it's mostly a waste of space (imo) for most things.

I was glad to be able to pass on my double stroller, bassinette,etc. to various siblings, but I was happier about the actual act of getting rid of them than I was about helping, lol.  I still have a $40 playpen sitting around from when siblings' kids were babies, and I'm itching to get rid of it.  There will probably be more babies, but I'd really rather spend another $40 IF that happens, as opposed to keeping it and hoping it stays in good condition in storage.

DH's family saved a bunch of baby stuff for grandchildren.  I refused to use any of it because it no longer complies to today's safety standards.  Sell them used, put the money in an a low fee index fund, and buy newer used stuff if/when the time comes.  Or just gift the cash.

• Like 1