Menu

How did it go by so fast?!?

MrsMommy

Today was our last day of school for the 2016-17 school year. Which means I have homeschooled my oldest two from K-8! How did that happen?!? It seems like just yesterday we decided to try out the kindergarten year at home, just to see what it was like, and if it was doable, and now high school is staring me in the face!!!

I put together a little photo gallery of my two "almost twins" through the years. They're so smart, and they've grown so much, and I'm so proud of them!

Now, someone please tell me that high school isn't too scary, because I'm committed to doing at least 9th grade at home, and I'm really hoping I'm not in over my head! :)

• Like 10

Awww that's awesome!! Makes me think I need to make sure to get those pics with my two youngest! What a nice way to look back.  

And high school is (mostly) great. You'll love it. :) Enjoy your summer break! 

Now, someone please tell me that high school isn't too scary, because I'm committed to doing at least 9th grade at home, and I'm really hoping I'm not in over my head! :)

We just started 10th grade about 4 weeks ago (our school year is a little off-kilter)...no, high school isn't scary.  Not from our experience so far!  We've actually been having a lot of fun with it.  This past school year was our best school year ever (ironically, Lol).  And I was terrified about 18 months ago (when we were planning).

It does go by fast, doesn't it??  

• Like 1

High school ISN'T too scary. Except...it passes even faster!!!!! My first homeschooled student graduated from college this past August. GASP! My four "little ones" are finishing 11th, 10th, 9th and 7th grades. ENJOY as much as you can. Stress as LITTLE as you can (I kinda suck at that). It all passes so quickly.

• Like 2

AWWW

Time passes so crazy fast doesn't it? 

I love the photos.   

I didn't know your oldest were not really twins.

My son is 16 months older, and while he's gifted, my daughter is...a gift (bonus points to anyone who gets the reference!). So they started kindergarten together back in 2008, and they've been challenging each other (and, let's face it, me!) the whole way! :)

Our big reality check was that high school really does take a full school day. It's seriously cutting into our homeschooling lifestyle. Both of my kids will be juniors next year; one in college and one in high school. It went so fast that I'm dizzy.

• Like 2

Awe! They grew so much! Sometimes it's hard to norocd day to day but pictures make it so obvious, don't they? I'm wishing you the very best for high school at home. Bravo mama!

No, high school is not too scary... but buckle up! If you thought the last 8 years went by quickly, the 4 years of high school are a BLUR!  :eek:

:iagree: I was just talking to DD#1 the other day about future plans & realized she's already HALFWAY through high school. I swear she just started & I still have time to fix all the mistakes I made with her!

DD#2 starts high school next year, but she's a completely different child, so I'll make all new mistakes with her!

(I'm going to have to find some of those old sheets that I wrote down dd#1's high school plan & see how far we've tumbled off that so carefully penciled-in path!)

ETA:  Loved seeing the pictures of him being taller, then her being taller, then him overtaking her again.

Edited by RootAnn
  • Like 1