Menu

ISO soap

laundrycrisis

I am looking for a mostly natural hand-made soap that is either almond, or vanilla almond, that a)does not have chunks of oatmeal or vanilla beans in it, and b)is not colored dark brown or red.   I would prefer an off-white or tan bar.  I would like moisturizing ingredients like whole goat milk and/or cocoa or shea butter.  If someone knows a from-scratch soap maker with soap like this and reasonable prices, who ships, I would appreciate the recommendation.  

Especially if the soap maker is a WTMer who sells on Etsy.  I think there is someone, but I don't know who.

Thank you ! 

These folks have cherry almond and also a vanilla - in the past they've had just plain almond, so it might come back at some point. I've used their soap and it doesn't have big chunks of anything. I'm attached to their lotion bar and foot lotion. Depending on where you are, you might be able to see them at a craft show, and they ship.

https://www.mistymountainsoap.com

This goat's milk soap is soooo nice: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01M8LGCJD/ref=mp_s_a_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1494115675&sr=8-6-spons&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=Bend+Soap+Company&psc=1

It's pure and nourishing and reasonably priced compared to similar products out there. I'm addicted to it!

P.s. There are a ton more fragrances on their website. The Amazon choices are limited.

Edited by ifIonlyhadabrain

I love Sappo Hill's almond soap and it is very reasonably priced. It is all-natural and off-white, with no "chunky" ingredients. However, it doesn't contain the moisturizers you mentioned. The ingredients are: Non-GMO Food Grade Oils of Sustainable Palm and Coconut, Water, Sodium Hydroxide, Glycerine, Fragrance Blend with Natural Plant Extracts and Essential Oils.

This goat's milk soap is soooo nice: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01M8LGCJD/ref=mp_s_a_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1494115675&sr=8-6-spons&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=Bend+Soap+Company&psc=1

It's pure and nourishing and reasonably priced compared to similar products out there. I'm addicted to it!

P.s. There are a ton more fragrances on their website. The Amazon choices are limited.

Forgot to add, this is made by a homeschooling family.

An actual real all-natural homemade bar of soap that contains real vanilla will turn brown. That is a direct result of the vanilla. Some ingredients do change the color of the soap and vanilla is one of them.

Almond can stay lighter but not vanilla.

It would be impossible to have an all natural light colored bar of vanilla soap.

Edited by Slartibartfast

Thank you all !

An actual real all-natural homemade bar of soap that contains real vanilla will turn brown. That is a direct result of the vanilla. Some ingredients do change the color of the soap and vanilla is one of them.

Almond can stay lighter but not vanilla.

It would be impossible to have an all natural light colored bar of vanilla soap.

I don't mind if it turned brown- I want to avoid brown or red pigments that were added for the sake of the color. Lately I've had some very densely colored soaps and I'm tired of the mess.