Menu

I hate insurance.

Spryte

Moving into the hate category. I am thankful for aca so I can get health insurance but now that dh has been moved to Medicare because he is permanently disabled somehow this has screwed the rest of us. Now they want to put my daughter on Medicaid, which is awful around here. None of her doctors take it. Just a nightmare. But I will persevere. And job hunt so I can maybe find something with benefits. Only one more year of homeschooling and then my nest is empty.

So very frustrating.

• Like 1

Yep. You pay a ton and then either can't afford to use it (health) or you are afraid to use it for fear of penalty in the future (car and home).

Even a friend was telling me she bought insurance for her cell phone and it is broken and she needs a new one but she is still using a very broken phone which randomly calls people and sends gibberish texts to people in her contacts. The insurance paperwork is so difficult to her that she just keeps putting it off.

I pretty much hate insurance too.

• Like 2

Ditto. 

We're on the exchange and have BCBS. I've been "working" with them since November to get our 2017 benefits straightened out. I was told then that we had a credit from overpaying in 2016, which apparently messes up their system so much that they ended up canceling our insurance multiple times so far this year.....I've been on the phone with them for at least a couple of hours every week since the week after Thanksgiving. 

• Like 1

Yeh, I am just stunned. We have a new policy. It saved the company $12K to change policies for 3 families.

But it's costing each family $14.5K more per year, as a base - that's before paying for copays for meds once it finally kicks in.

It's pretty crummy.

They are investigating alternative policies now. Apparently our old policy was no longer being offered and this was billed as "comparable." Ummm. No. Well, we can compare all right! It's not the same at all. Ugh.

I'm sick of being on the phone with the insurance company.

And it stinks because the intent from the French CFO who arranged this was not to stick us with a crap policy. And he has no way of knowing that's what happened because he doesn't use it. He has no idea how bad this is, and I'm pretty sure he will be upset to find out they are paying soooo much money for much less coverage than he thinks. Ugh!!!