Menu

Well Trained Bodies - 2/26/17

Granny_Weatherwax

I went for my weekly snowshoe this morning. It was cold, and I dressed well for it, but I didn't realize that it was -20 F with the wind chill. Yikes! No wonder my face was so frozen.  Anyway, I'm all warmed up now, and resting for my doubles tennis league match tonight! 

• Like 3

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally knocked out my strength training for today. No PRs; just consistency. Going dancing tonight for cardio.

Skipped cardio yesterday. No real reason. 

Got enough sleep.

Still tracking food. 

Still down a pound this morning. Tomorrow, new week, and hoping for another pound.

• Like 3

I slept for 9 hours last night. That is a record. I actually awoke feeling refreshed. Yay me.

I played two hours of doubles tennis today and that's it. I have something going on with my right foot (second and third toes have callous-like bumps on the tops) so I took it easy today. I'm soaking in hot water and epsom salts and hope to get ahead of whatever is happening. My feet are a mess due to years of ill-fitting, cheap shoes and stupidity.

I think my eating is going well. Lots of salad and  less chai. My in-between meal snacks have decreased and, when I choose to have something, I've been reaching for baby carrots or cuties.

• Like 3

Last night, we went to the Zumba class. It is too fast for me and I do not memorize, so I don't know the steps.  I mentioned to my wife, that maybe before we go the next time, she can spend 5 or 10 minutes with me, in the house, so I can try to memorize the steps.  The HOA isn't paying now. They did that in February, which was nice, and this activity got off the ground with their help. Now, the participants will pay, both nights, which seems fair.

OT: Tonight, on the TV News from the USA, there was a story about a 99 year old Runner. He began running when he was 50 years old. He runs 3 days a week (3 miles each time, followed by 2 sprints) and goes to the gym in the Cooper Clinic in Dallas. He will celebrate his 100th birthday, in late  November 2017. He's run approximately 42000 miles.  

• Like 6

I drove to the gym on Friday and immediately turned around and left.  In 2 months, I've never seen it so packed!  I still can't imagine why, at 10am on a non-holiday Friday, it would be that crazy.

My parents were up from the south, so we joined them at their hotel overnight and I made sure to hit the fitness center, so there's that.  But I also ate ridiculous amounts of good and not-so-good foods while we were there.  I'm paying for it.  I feel like a bloated and borderline pukey now.  But today is a new week!!!

• Like 4

I went to bed at 9:30pm last night.  I told everyone in the house that I was going to bed and would physically harm anyone who dared to make enough noise to wake me up.

I slept until 7am.

This is the longest I have slept in a long while.  YAY!

• Like 4

End of Day 2. I am doing fine. I think it is helping that I am sick! I just don't eat as much when I am sick.

YAY!

Glad it's going well for you! It sounds hard! Sorry you're sick though.

Friday's workout was RevAbs. I'm still sore from that one but not too bad. I ate the 10 servings of fruit/veg and drank enough water. We went out to dinner with my In-laws. I ate a little bread that I wouldn't typically eat but otherwise stuck to the plan.

Yesterday was karate class and then DD11 birthday party. I had the best plans of sticking to my eating plan. I was going to eat my usual healthy breakfast and lunch and then at party make my hamburger on a salad and skip the bun, only eat the healthiest sides, and sticking to the healthy dessert I made (black bean brownies with strawberries) but it didn't happen. The day got busy and I just grabbed whatever was easiest for lunch. I didn't bother making the salad for dinner and ate the healthy brownie (which was really good) with ice cream on top. I should have posted my plan here at the beginning of the day. Maybe I would have been more likely to stick to it. Not enough water, not enough vegetables, too much sugar. I could feel it by the end of the day. I was exhausted way too early last night.

After three weeks of nothing the scale finally moved. I was down 1.8 pounds yesterday. I wonder if I ruined it last night? :-(

Edited by 2ndgenhomeschooler
  • Like 5

Last night, we went to the Zumba class. It is too fast for me and I do not memorize, so I don't know the steps.  I mentioned to my wife, that maybe before we go the next time, she can spend 5 or 10 minutes with me, in the house, so I can try to memorize the steps.  The HOA isn't paying now. They did that in February, which was nice, and this activity got off the ground with their help. Now, the participants will pay, both nights, which seems fair.

OT: Tonight, on the TV News from the USA, there was a story about a 99 year old Runner. He began running when he was 50 years old. He runs 3 days a week (3 miles each time, followed by 2 sprints) and goes to the gym in the Cooper Clinic in Dallas. He will celebrate his 100th birthday, in late  November 2017. He's run approximately 42000 miles.  

I'm nowhere near coordinated enough to do Zumba, and far too shy and self-conscious to even try.  Good for you!  

That's a neat story -- I particularly like the fact that he started running at 50.  Makes me feel better about the fact that I only started exercising at 40, and wondered why I didn't do it sooner.  Never too late!

I drove to the gym on Friday and immediately turned around and left.  In 2 months, I've never seen it so packed!  I still can't imagine why, at 10am on a non-holiday Friday, it would be that crazy.

That is so weird, because our gym was also packed on Friday!  Much, much busier than normal - my husband referred to it as a zoo.  We were trying to figure out what was going on.  Now I'm even more curious!  Was it national workout day and no one told us?

• Like 1

Glad it's going well for you! It sounds hard! Sorry you're sick though.

I think I am also motivated right now since I am headed back "home" for Spring Break and want to go back at least the weight I left!  Being 20 pounds over that right now (was 30 pounds over) was embarrassing, I was already 50 pounds over what I was before I got preg. 20 years ago!

Right now I am just setting small goals.  I told the center I want to lose 25 pounds.  I will do this is 25 pounds increments.  That will make it more palatable.

If we move this summer, I am sure I won't get all the way to goal.   If we move the summer of 2018, I am hoping I can!

• Like 2