Menu

Book recommendation to encourage Mom?

Bay Lake Mom

I know there are many books available to guide homeschooling families in choosing curriculum and getting started.  However, I've been looking for a few encouraging books to read for Moms that already have their choices made and have been homeschooling for years.  I've found myself struggling to make it all happen each day.  I need some encouragement to keep me going.  I look forward to hearing your suggestions.

• Like 2

Desperate - it's a series of letters from one woman to another and back again.  Christian, but not smack-you-in-the-face sort of book.  It's general parenting.

I like How To Teach So Kids Can Learn, too.  Mostly it's for basic interaction with kids and creating an environment that keeps them engaged.

There really isn't a whole lot out there.  Most biography style books I've read have been....lacking.  Either they're filled with fluff about how to choose curriculum or they're a one year experiment of taking the kid out of school.  Or both.  That one was the worst of all. :lol:

• Like 1

My suggestions are from a 'churched' perspective.

A few of my more recent favourites, which include podcasts

HSP 13 Erin Hassett: Living the Large Family Life    Erin’s suggestions are good for mums of just a few children too.

HSP 28 Durenda Wilson: Unhurried Homeschooling

Cindy Rollins: The Long Haul: On Morning Time

Own Your Life ~ Sally Clarkson  

( I appreciated Teaching From Rest too)

• Like 1

Otherwise I'd just opt for reading a biography of a terrible parent and watching documentaries on folks with serious clutter and cleaning issues. Realising that I could be a heck of a lot worse than I am, helps me drag to my butt out of bed and get through the day. ;)

Hahahaha!

Thanks for the daily laugh.