Menu

When I get nervous I sound giddy

sheryl

We live in a large homeschooling community/city and state.  We belong to an on-line homeschooling support group.  It's similar to wtm but at a local level.

Across the local board came the opportunity to volunteer as an "extra" in a Christian movie (this past Friday).  It might be used for in-church only (not box office); I'm just not sure.  I signed up.  They could not use me but they did select dd.  This was "not" a speaking part, but an extra.  DD does NOT aspire to be an actress but it was such a great, new and fun opportunity that we couldn't pass it up.  Only 40 min. from us. 

Everyone and I mean EVERYONE was so friendly.  From cast to crew, the people were nice!   One of the crew members and it "might" have been the cameraman was on the crew for the series "Turn".  I don't know if it was him or not.  But a man was working a Steadicam and was so nice.  During a break I quickly walked to the restroom.  He was walking down the aisle with the camera and saw me approaching.  Our eyes met and I went "oh boy!".   He said it was ok meaning to come his way but his equipment was so big and expensive I didn't want to jeopardize anything so I rerouted my way to the bathroom.

Then "he" appeared.  He is a very well known actor in Christian circles especially.

DD asked for a selfie with him to which he agreed!  Then I did it.  I became giddy and said, "we have all your movies".   UGH!

I sounded like a teenage groupie and was SOOOOOOOOOOOOO embarrassed.   He stayed humble and I was beside myself.

LOL!

Can I blame it on the fact we were there for 11 hours?

• Like 3

:laugh:    :grouphug:

My mom babbles when she gets nervous.  She can't help it.  She will babble her whole life story if she is nervous.  Which is soooooo embarrassing for her because she is also a very private introvert.  She absolutely hates her nervous babble response.  

DD has a friend that, when she gets nervous, freezes in place and stops talking.  She goes into statue mode.   Never seen anything like it.

At least you didn't have either of those two responses....

• Like 1

I think that's a normal reaction, when you aren't used to it....... I had to get over it when I had a relatively famous country  celebrity's child in one of my homeschool tutorial classes. He and his wife both regularly volunteered and were often present at activities (wife always was); it was kind of funny though, because at first I thought he just looked familiar but couldn't figure out why....... Over the years, there were at least two other families in that category, from country and christian groups, along with many behind the scenes people, between our tutorial and our homeschool groups, so I kind of got over it, they're just people.

• Like 1

Haha! I have a friend who was a groupie for a country music star who was semi big in the 90's. She saw him at a smaller venue a couple years ago and he still knows who she is. She says she was quite embarrassing, including hyperventilating and passing out when talking to him more than once.

• Like 1