Menu

If you have cable/internet together, who do you use?

Our Comcast just went up from $106.xx to $124.xx for HD cable & internet, so I think it's time to look around.

What do you do, how much do you pay?

Thanks,

Phlox

I have the same and called and told them "Just switch me to el cheapo cable and el cheapo internet". They said "Oh no! What if we propose a special rate for one year?"

I took the negotiation because it was less than I'm paying now and certainly less than the new rate will be. It is a bit more than they would get from me with el cheapo so I guess that's why they figured it was worth the deal. I'll re-evalute dish companies in a year.

I would call them.

When I had Insight, I was paying $116 for phone, internet and cable. Now that ComCatastrophe has taken over, I'm paying $149 for the same services and have had more dropped calls, more outages, more problems. I'm SO not impressed.

My only other option is AT&T for DSL. Anyone use that?

We use Comcast now. We have the economy cable (2 TV's both with boxes and about 65 channels), the lite internet, and basic voice service. We pay only $79/mth plus an extra 1.95 for the second cable box. I only miss the speed once in a while, uploading pics to photobucket, etc. We used a smaller regional competitor, Knology, for a while and were paying $139 a month for similiar service.

In our area of Georgia there are two major companies competing for cable business plus the satellite guys. My advice is to call them and say that you're considering leaving. That's what we did 6mths ago with Knology when they were going to raise our rates again. They immediately offered me $30 or so per month off, but then I called Comcast and they still beat the lower Knology price. Again we have a $79 package, but for $99+tax locally you can have the medium internet speed, two tv's with expanded basic cable, and voice with the unlimited domestic long distance. We just preferred to save the $20 as money is tight and we always have lots of extra cell minutes.

Comcast has a whole department just for promotions and customer retention. That's who I'd ask to speak with.

We have cheap cable and high speed Internet through Comcast. I think we pay less that $100 per month, (actually I think it is less than $80) but dh pays the bills so I am not certain. The computer with the bill pay is down right now so I can't check either.

We live by a large city so there are more options to keep the pricing competitive.

We have Vonage for phone service for $25 a month.

Comcast. Keep in mind your choices for high-speed internet are limited by the providers that service your area. In our area, that's Comcast or Verizon DSL (no FIOS here). Comcast is the better choice for now. If Verizon would upgrade its lines and offer FIOS, I would order it in a minute.

We pay about $65-$66 per month with Comcast. But we have a cable ready TV (not a flat screen) so don't pay for a box, & only get the cheapest cable out there (less than $20 per month on its own.) If they try to jack it up, we'll drop the cable. We don't get any fancy channels at all, just network stuff (including PBS.) We don't watch enough TV to warrant more.

We don't use Comcast for phone anymore because we reverted to analog a few years ago as whenever our neighbour used their wireless interet it made our phone ring, etc. No one was able to explain why that happened, and it took a long time and several repair calls before I figured it out. I was able to because one of the daughters dialed up around the same time every day when the rest of the family was out.

Edited by Karin