Menu

Help please! Is there ANY english word that ends in "sle"

Blessedfamily

Today's syllabication lesson is dividing words that end in consonant+le. According to the grammar book the ten combinations are : ble cle dle fle gle kle ple sle tle zle

I had dd go to the board and write an example of each and divide it into syllables. She couldn't think of anything that ended in "sle" and neither could I. I was embarrassed and told dd we'd come back to that one. I went back to the book and there was no example for it. I flipped through the whole 400 pg book and can't find any word that ends in "sle".

It seems so simple, I must be overlooking something.

That is the fastest help I have ever gotten on this board! Thank you. We won't be able to break them into syllables but at least I can give my dd something!

I though I was doing great because I made the lesson up myself and just used the book as a reference. My dd was having a great time thinking up words with two syllables, three syllables, consonant + le at the end, consonant + le in the middle and then we went....:001_huh::001_huh:.

Unfortunately, this one is tinsel.... :)

Anne

That's is what I kept doing-coming up with words that end in sel instead of sle. :001_smile:

"tassle" "measle" "hassel" Fantastic! (and more than one syllable so we can break them apart)

I'm embarrased to admit I had to look up "tousle" (though I think I've seen it in a few romance novels :tongue_smilie:). While in the "t's" I came across tussle.

Hard to look things up when you're looking for endings.

Thank you all so much. :patriot: