Menu

Alfred E. Smith Dinner

We watched it too.....VERY FUNNY! And I have to say, McCain looks GREAT in a white-tie tux! Hilary laughed so hard---- and Katie looked like she was ready for the Oscars. Both candidates were hilarious, but I do think that McCain had the edge--- GREAT deadpan delivery and some hilarious lines!

astrid

Both candidates were hilarious, but I do think that McCain had the edge--- GREAT deadpan delivery and some hilarious lines!

astrid

:iagree:, well from what I saw. I surfed every news channel until I found Van what's her name in Fox News playing what I think was most of both speeches. McCain's timing was pretty good.

Ahhh. I had to watch it again :lol:

Thank you Zelda...I can't remember when I've laughed so hard :001_smile:

It was a great and welcome relief, wasn't it? :001_smile:

Favorite lines:

"Barack is actually Swahili for 'that one'"

"What they don't know is that Joe the Plumber recently signed a very lucrative contract with a wealthy couple to handle all the work on all seven of their houses"

:lol:

Zelda! Those WERE great lines!

My favorite one was (paraphrasing), "Michael Bloomberg is having the rules changed so that he can run for a third term. And Bill Clinton's reaction was, 'You can do that?!' :lol:

Oh man. I was dyin' when I heard that one. All the Clinton jokes were hilarious.

After watching that the SNL debate skit kind of paled in comparison although the image of Obama talking to an imaginary, tiny Joe the Plumber is burned in my brain forever.