Menu

help with work "uniform", general fashion...

bettyandbob

I work at a recreation center (actually a couple of recreation centers). I teach swimming, but I am getting more into programming and other aspects. When I am out of the pool I am to wear khaki pants/shorts/skirt and closed toed shoes and a shirt from the rec center. I've been wearing khaki shorts and a skirt recently. However, I'm going to have to cover my legs. For various reasons I'd like to not always wear khaki pants. If I wasn't going on the pool deck occasionally in this "uniform" I would wear a khaki skirt with black tights and black clogs. In pants I can just slip off my shoes and put on my flip flops. I can't do that if I have tights on. 

So the problem is how do I wear the skirt and tights and easily slip off my shoes to walk around the pool when I need to. I thought about the convertible tights my dd wore for ballet (they can cover your toes, but then be rolled up). Another thing I thought about is wearing footless tights or leggings. If I wore footless tights or leggings could I put on some black socks too (just long enough to come over the end of the leggings). I don't like cold feet in winter. 

OK I know this is a weird. I'm sure some of you are thinking just wear the pants and be done with it. However, I'd be grateful for input on how I can wear a khaki skirt. Thanks.

If you don't want the look of footless tights you could wear convertible tights. They have a hole on the bottom of the foot, you just slip them over your toes and roll up.

My dd wears this brand, they're a good value for convertible tights.

http://www.discountdance.com/mobile/mobileDetail.php?TopCat=TI&SortOrder=P&ShopMobile=Style&PageNumber=1&style=T5500

Edited by kitten18