Menu

Huge Addition to the 6 boybarians, 1 little lady household...

My daughter got her AG doll the Christmas she was 6. (Too young, I know, but she'd been in love with them since she was 3.)

When the doll arrived, I opened the box and took her out and fell in love with her on the spot.

At that point, one of my daughter's favorite books was A Little Princess, so she loved the idea of a doll being her "friend." And she named the doll Sarah after Sarah Crew.

Sarah was a member of the family for several years. Whenever I made my daughter a dress or pajamas or a Halloween costume, Sarah had to have an outift to math. Even my son got into the act. We found him a boy-type 18-inch doll (Jack) who became Sarah's brother/friend. And he, too, got PJs and costumes and Christmas outfits to match my son's.

Here's one picture I found of my daughter with Sarah. This was a Halloween party the year my daughter was 8. At that point, her favorite AG character was Felicity, so she and Sarah are wearing Colonial-inspired dresses. Later that year, we did a family trip to Williamsburg, and they got a chance to wear the dresses again.

Aww. . . . .

Cami, we have the opposite problem, so if you want to trade kids, call me!

I think between my three oldest girls, we have 6 AG dolls (Hmm. . .can I name them all? Kit, Kirsten, Felicity, Elizabeth, and two "Just Like Me") plus 3 Bitty Babies. I shoulda bought stock! My eldest LOVES to make things for the dolls - flip flops, bookbags, all kinds of things.

Enjoy the girl time! If you're ever near an AG place (Chicago, LA, Atlanta, NY) take your sweetie - it's precious mommy daughter time.

I'm afraid my boys know *exactly* what to think about the AG doll.....and those thoughts are not very nice (grin). She is being watched by Big Brother for her safety and well-being. (smile).

The photo of your DD & her doll is adorable.

Yup -- gotta watch the dolls around brothers. My DD's first Barbie was dismembered and in later years, the boys and their instigator friend figured out that Barbies melt if you hold them against a lit lightbulb. Meanwhile, there were lots of pranks played with headless Barbies.

I guarded DD's expensive dolls like they were fine jewelry to keep them out of the clutches of her brothers and their friends (and their markers, crayons, and other assorted doll-disfiguring devices).