Menu

What has interested you this year?

bookbard

This year I've got quite interested in indigenous astronomy (it's amazing how many of the stories cross cultures), and also labyrinths (which are found carved in rocks or made from standing stones all around the world). I made a labyrinth in our back garden which I walk as a meditation sometimes. I find it comforting that human beings really do have so much in common despite the media focus on divisions.

What have you got interested in over this year?

• Like 1

This year I've got quite interested in indigenous astronomy (it's amazing how many of the stories cross cultures), and also labyrinths (which are found carved in rocks or made from standing stones all around the world). I made a labyrinth in our back garden which I walk as a meditation sometimes. I find it comforting that human beings really do have so much in common despite the media focus on divisions.What have you got interested in over this year?

This is so true! As I homeschool my children I am amazed to learn how much early cultures from far away parts of the world had so much in common and how their stories were often similar. We think we live in such global times but the world was probably always more global than we imagine it today.

• Like 1

This is going to sound strange but...mushrooms! My older dd wanted to do some reading/research on fungi after finding some massive mushrooms outside following a rainstorm a few weeks ago. We checked out a bunch of complex fungi books from the library and watched some identification videos too. It was honestly fascinating. I admit I was inwardly groaning at dd's choice of a seemingly boring topic but it's been anything but, IMO. I'm now checking out a few books for my own study! 

I've also become interested in educational psychology and psych of learning and child development. It marries a bit of my pre-kid academic life with my life now as a homeschooler. It's interesting to read and ponder. 

Lastly, I'm hoping to finally glean enough knowledge about gardening in this zone to have a really productive garden next year. I'm tired of winging it. ;)

• Like 1