Menu

quick - birthday gift for 10yo or 11yo girl

SKL

We are going to a birthday party and I need to come up with 2 quick gifts we can pick up at Wal-Mart.  The girl is turning 10 or 11, I'm not sure which.  Hates reading, say my kids.  Likes TY stuffies, but already has a bunch of them.  I don't know her well enough to guess beyond that.

Help?

At those ages I'm starting to lean towards cash. Not my favorite, but, my kids have SO MUCH. We really don't need anything. But, more often than not they have a larger purchase they are saving for, and it sure helps to put their bday money towards it.

Children are  so different in their likes and dislikes.  My suggestion would be to pick up any of the gifts mentioned above and then include the receipt in an envelope marked "In case you'd care to make a return or exchange."

Regards,

Kareni

For girls we don't know well that are middle school age, we usually give: (price varies on the cup/gift card amount)

A clear but fun decorated drink cup with a straw. 

An EOS lip balm.

Fill the cup 1/2 way with a candy that coordinates like Jelly Belly jelly beans, Mike and Ikes, etc.

And either add another small gift like a nail polish or a $5 target gift card.

For dd's teenage friends: (I am willing to spend more) apx $25-30

Starbucks drink cup

candy in cup (the $1 theater boxes are great for this)

Lip Balm (Burts Bees is more popular with this age group)

$10 Starbucks card. 

We then tie the top with ribbon and go. 

This has become dd17 gift for years and it works really well, is easy and always well received. 

• Like 1