Menu

Sending Final Grades?

Peso

Good morning!  I have a question as we end the year, and my daughter's homeschool career... :)

I need to send her final grades to the college she has chosen to enroll at next fall - do I just send the final semester with updated GPA and credit count, do I send an updated full transcript with all 4 years, or do I send a transcript plus her list of extracurriculars?  I don't want to send too little, or too much.  I just don't know what's usual at this point!

Any advice gratefully appreciated!  Thank you!

Penny

PS:  Happy Mother's Day :)

Full four year transcript. You do not need to add ECs if these weren't on the transcript before, but the first three years should not change between this version and the one that you sent with the app. If you've been reporting ECs, don't change format now.

Clearly indicate in some fashion

1. Final transcript

2. She graduated

Yes, even the local community college wants a 4-year transcript. If you go from dual enrollment to regular status, they'll provisionally admit you, but you aren't official until they get the transcript. Same for any student who applies before graduating. You aren't official until that last transcript comes in.

I also had to provide a copy of his diploma in person, which they scanned along with the final transcript and attached to his electronic record. Providing the diploma is kind of mumbo-jumbo, but someone higher decided they need that if you're not going to an accredited public or private high school.

The local school public school office also wants a copy of the diploma or final transcript to close out their records, but you can just mail it. I suspect that's more of a local preference rather than a rule, but it's not a biggie. They're lovely people in that office, and I don't consider a copy of the diploma any more intrusive than my normal paperwork submitted each year.

Edited by G5052

Thanks so much everyone.  The college has her transcript from the first 3 years plus her senior year mid-term grades, so I wasn't sure if an entire transcript was redundant/necessary or not.  I'll send the complete, updated 4 year transcript but without extracurriculars, since those weren't on her transcript, they were submitted through the Common Application.  She's had a great homeschool run, and was accepted at every college she applied to.  I'm very excited for her!  

(even if it does mean my baby is going away.... the true meaning of bittersweet, for sure...)

Thanks for the help :)

Penny

• Like 4

I took the transcript I had generated on the computer, put the word Final at the top, updated the senior year grades if anything had changed, signed it, put a seal on it, and sent it. It didn't take me long to do it. One of the only reasons I like computers!  ;)

Hi Peso, we do not have any of your dd's acceptances over on the the acceptance thread. Do you mind posting the colleges she was accepted to so we can honor her accomplishments by adding her to our list? I understand if you do not want to do so as some people feel that is too personal for an online forum. But we sure do like to celebrate here!

I'd be delighted to post her acceptances!  

Also - A seal?  Where did you get the seal?  I am having a seal put on her diploma, but I didn't know the final transcript needed one.

So many hoops!!

Thanks for your input - 

Penny

I'd be delighted to post her acceptances!  

Also - A seal?  Where did you get the seal?  I am having a seal put on her diploma, but I didn't know the final transcript needed one.

So many hoops!!

Thanks for your input - 

Penny

I stuck one on because I had a few made for us back when dd graduated and still had them left, LOL. I thought, "Hey, that makes it look nice, and kind of official!" I don't think it is necessary.

• 3 weeks later...

We didn't find a seal we liked that fit on dd's transcript, and it was definitely not needed.

However, we are going to have a few copies notarized just in case she needs them in the future. A couple of people on the boards have told stories about needing an official high school transcript for grad school or a job after graduating college! So, just in case. 

I did the same and added the wording "final" to the heading. 

Okay, so I'm about to do this and I have a really silly question...  what would be the 'correct' word order?

Final Official High School Transcript

Official Final High School Transcript

Official High School Final Transcript

The more I ponder this, the more they all sound funky! :tongue_smilie:  It would help if the "Official" weren't also in the mix, but I hear that's really important to include as well! :)

One more question... Graduation Date.

I had it on the interim just as "June 2016".   I was going to update it as June 3, 2016, rather arbitrarily because it's nice and early in June and it's the date her twin officially graduates from the PS.

So can I send off the "Final Transcript" before the graduation date on the transcript, or should I wait till Friday?  Or just "graduate" her tomorrow and send it then, LOL....

Okay, so I'm about to do this and I have a really silly question...  what would be the 'correct' word order?

Final Official High School Transcript

Official Final High School Transcript

Official High School Final Transcript

The more I ponder this, the more they all sound funky! :tongue_smilie:  It would help if the "Official" weren't also in the mix, but I hear that's really important to include as well! :)

My final transcript just says: Official Homeschool Highschool Transcript

No "final" - this is evident by the fact that the transcript date and graduation date are identical.

• Like 1

In the header, I have two fields:

Final Transcript: No

Graduated: No

Will change these to "Yes" when the last DE grades are available and I send in the final transcript.

How about adding a second line below your title line as such:

Official High School Transcript of Jane Doe

Final Transcript - Graduation Date 6/2/16

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...