Menu

If you ever wanted to authentically say "¡Hola, chica!" ...

now's your chance! Hello, I'm Chika and I've enjoyed chatting with you and reading some great, thought-provoking posts (well, and some funny ones, too. Four words: Cheap, wood-framed couches!).

I thought I'd make an introduction: I've been homeschooling our children for a few years, and we enjoy the lifestyle. Our "method" is pretty eclectic with a favorite being field trips (we're urban homeschoolers). My husband is a thinker and an artist and for the most part we enjoy our life together. We love to travel together and just the same we love staying in and watching movies. I have some wonderful heart-level friends, and our family is actively involved in our local congregation. Chocolate is my friend, as are french onion soup, a well-prepared chicken piccata and homemade macaroni and cheese. I'm trying to make acquaintance with tea (but little success thus far).

Okay, all together now: ¡Hola, Chika! :D

Edited by Chika

now's your chance! Hello, I'm Chika and I've enjoyed chatting with you and reading some great, thought-provoking posts (well, and some funny ones, too. Four words: Cheap, wood-framed couches!).

I thought I'd make an introduction: I've been homeschooling our children for a few years, and we enjoy the lifestyle. Our "method" is pretty eclectic with a favorite being field trips (we're urban homeschoolers). My husband is a thinker and an artist and for the most part we enjoy our life together. We love to travel together and just the same we love staying in and watching movies together. Chocolate is my friend, and I'm trying to make acquaintance with tea (little success thus far).

Okay, all together now: ¡Hola, Chika! :D

Welcome. So glad to be authentic. :D

Welcome to the boards!

Have you ever seen 2 people having a conversation, but one is speaking one Spanish and one is speaking English? I am the one speaking English! I have a lot of family and friends who speak spanish, but I almost always respond in English. I think it is because I am insecure about my accent. (which I do realize will never get better if I don't work on it!)

¡Hola, Chika! back at you. Greetings from another Spanish speaker over here. I am actually not a full blooded homeschooler, just an afterschooler in Spanish to my girls, 4 yo in Pre-K and 12 yo in 7th grade.

Are you doing any work with your kids in Spanish? Have you checked our the Spanish-Latino board? I hope you feel right at home here and become an active participant.

Well, thank you very much for the warm welcome! Full disclosure: I haven't lived in a Spanish-speaking comunidad for many years, but I can get by. To answer your questions/comments ...

Ola! Mi espanole is no muy bien pero trabajo en es. Que arriba? Did that make any sense at all???

Yes, I understood what you were saying! You have five horses and like to drink coffee while reading the morning paper. :lol:

Have you ever seen 2 people having a conversation, but one is speaking one Spanish and one is speaking English? I am the one speaking English!

I am, too! My husband is fluent in Spanish and I just follow along. It's strange how much you forget after so many years.

Well, I have to ask....When you say "I'm trying to make acquaintance with tea" do you mean the "thought" provoking post about tea or the actual beverage?

and

I thought the same! And then I thought, "I'm gonna like this girl if that's her intro!"

Okay, I'll 'fess up. I mentioned tea because I've seen the posts on the board from time to time, but I never did see the original and don't know what it's all about (is there a link?). So hopefully I didn't stick a big foot in my mouth or get put on some kind of "watch" list, lol. Should I have a red face? :blushing:

Well, ¡Hola! And comment-allez vous?! Salve! And whassup?!

Hola tambien! Et aussi, je suis bien ...

I am actually not a full blooded homeschooler

And I'm not a full blooded Spanish speaker, lol. (See above)

Are you doing any work with your kids in Spanish? Have you checked our the Spanish-Latino board? I hope you feel right at home here and become an active participant.

My husband is wanting to do some Spanish with the kids, he's so busy with his art work that we'll see how that works out. Maybe I'll kick it up a notch (BAM!) and at least get the basics going. Our kids have said they want to learn French, Italian, Greek, and sign language (go figure!).

Okay, I'll 'fess up. I mentioned tea because I've seen the posts on the board from time to time, but I never did see the original and don't know what it's all about (is there a link?).

I'll send it to you via private message. Be forewarned. It's a big one! :lol: