Menu

Susan Wise Bauer on Art of Manliness Podcast

Snickerdoodle

I just listened to it while I'm cooking.  I had forgotten how encouraging Susan is.  And how she puts things into perspective so well. 

Thanks Snickerdoodle!  (and SWB, of course :))

Edited by _kathy_
  • Like 1

I love podcasts, but I am completely honest when I say that it would never occur to me to listen to one called "The Art of Manliness", so thanks for the heads up.

Nothing against the podcast, btw. We did find their youtube channel useful when it was time for DH to teach DS1 how to shave.  DH has had a full beard since he was at least 20, more than half his life, so he wasn't quite prepared to teach shaving. The Art of Manliness came to the rescue! And they also covered using a non-disposable razor, which is what DS1 wanted.

• Like 4

I never heard of the podcast before. I just happened on it on a recommendation for podcast #183; a topic I *am* quite interested in.   The current podcast just popped in my feed.  Serendipity, I say!

http://www.artofmanliness.com/2016/03/16/podcast-183-when-high-school-pe-was-a-man-maker/

Downloaded that one too :) (didn't we just talk about this?)

Edited by soror
  • Like 1

I never heard of the podcast before. I just happened on it on a recommendation for podcast #183; a topic I *am* quite interested in.   The current podcast just popped in my feed.  Serendipity, I say!

http://www.artofmanliness.com/2016/03/16/podcast-183-when-high-school-pe-was-a-man-maker/

Wow, those gym classes were impressive! It's shocking how thin all the boys were back then. A large percent had good muscle development, too. With all that upper body strength they could've made good gymnasts.

I saw this thread yesterday and then today, my Oldest was telling me about,a different episode he had heard...in which the expert said one of my most common "momisms" re allowance. I asked him if he had heard Susan ... he said yes but it wasn't as interesting. LOL (Sorry SWB)