Menu

Firt Grade Math.....CLE or MUS?

I personally would not choose MUS unless there was a math-related LD and the student needed a very incremental nuts and bolts math.

This actually describes DD, which is why I use it with her.

That said, I supplement as much as she is capable of learning, if that makes sense. So she's in Delta level and I'm also using Process Skills, CWP, and Math Mammoth...all at first grade level, to fill the gaps MUS leaves.

So of I had to choose between those two, it would have to be CLE.

We liked MUS.  It worked well for my oldest in helping him visualize mathematics.  But we started with Gamma.  When I had a chance to snag Alpha, I did, but never used it.  We ended up with MEP and fell in love.  I gave away our MUS set recently except for Gamma, through Pre-Algebra, because the concepts are taught very well in them.

Edited by HomeAgain

CLE without question. I have also used MUS, MM, SM, and MEP at the first grade level - geez, that is almost embarrassing... I am less enthusiastic with CLE in older grades (though I still like it) but I absolutely adore CLE for first grade.