Menu

GRRRR!!! I am sick of not being able to go..due to NO gas!!

This is ridiculous!

All the stores around have NO gas!

Dh was running on fumes the other day and luckily found a station that had gas.

Ds left at 6:50 this morning to get gas. He called me and said that he was sitting in a line of about 20 cars trying to get gas.

I now have to call around to see who has gas and hope they have some when I get there!

This is ridiculous!

Ds left at 6:50 this morning to get gas. He called me and said that he was sitting in a line of about 20 cars trying to get gas.

I now have to call around to see who has gas and hope they have some when I get there!

Just be glad you have electricity :)

The refinery that serves the southeast pipeline is still without power (as are many homes in the Houston and surrounding areas). Once the refinery gets power, the tanks can be filled and driven to your area.

Just be glad you have electricity :)

The refinery that serves the southeast pipeline is still without power (as are many homes in the Houston and surrounding areas). Once the refinery gets power, the tanks can be filled and driven to your area.

Aha! So that's what's going on. Thanks for the info. :001_smile:

Question for those in South Carolina!!!!

We're headed to Myrtle Beach for our annual vacation a week from Monday.

Will we be able to buy gas once we get there?? (Getting it here in Virginia won't be a problem, but...if we can't get gas once we're there, that would be a problem!!!)

Any idea on how much gas is costing there? (Ours averages anywhere from $3.59 to $3.69 a gallon for regular)

I wish I could send you all some of ours. The price here is actually going down and it feels bad knowing so many have none. This must be the silver lining in adding corn to our tanks. (Many times it was higher for the blend...very strange.)

This is ridiculous!

I feel so, so very sorry for all of you suffering with gas shortages. I can't even imagine.

:grouphug:

Is it just me and my spotty news watching, or was this not even predicted as a possible consequence of IKE? I don't remember hearing anything about, "If the hurricane does X, many people in widespread states will have trouble getting gas for weeks afterward..." or any such stuff. So, it all comes as quite a shock to me.

Yeah, I'm taking F to a rehearsal today, then we won't go anywhere we can't walk till Monday afternoon. Hopefully by then, I'll be able to get gas again. But for now, there appears to be *nothing* around here. (And that includes diesel, JWSJ.)

At least dh takes the train to school!

We had a minor panic attack when all these shortages started a couple weeks ago. We were visiting my sis in GA on our way to Disney. We were really nervous we'd end up on the side of the road somewhere without gas. We never had a problem. On our way home we went through Charlotte NC (actually stayed in SC) and saw stations without gas, but we were able to find some. We did end up paying a LOT of money for gas in FL (I think we paid 4.50 - ugh).

Sounds like this problem is isolated to particular areas and not widespread. We don't have any of this here in MI.