Menu

Less known menopause ailments

JadeOrchidSong

I am menopausal. Haven't had a period for 6+ months.

I don't notice hot flashes, but I statted to have this crazy itchiness all over my body, especially on my neck and breast, near and under my armpits, around my waist, on the general back and thighs.

There are rashes and red raised spots, too. I have applied some Udder Balm and drink lots of water. This is so insane!

What do you do with this?

Also what less known menopausal ailments are you joyfully dealing with? ;-)

Edited by JadeOrchidSong

are you sure it's menopause and not some sort of yeast skin infection?  there are other things that can cause general itchiness.

my longest stretch was in 2014.  then it was like everything completely reset.  I want to be done, but my body doens't 'get it'.  I'm already past the 'average' age . . . 

• Like 1

I am menopausal. Haven't had a period for 6+ months.

I don't notice hot flashes, but I statted to have this crazy itchiness all over my body, especially on my neck and breast, near and under my armpits, around my waist, on the general back and thighs.

There are rashes and red raised spots, too. I have applied some Udder Balm and drink lots of water. This is so insane!

What do you do with this?

Also what less known menopausal ailments are you joyfully dealing with? ;-)

I would see a doctor about the itchiness/rashes to rule out anything serious.  

Erica

• Like 3

Echoing the others -- I wouldn't assume that type of itchiness is due to menopause.

And I say that as someone who told herself for several years that numerous minor and not-so-minor symptoms were "just menopause."  Turns out I was hypothyroid.  If I hadn't assumed everything that was happening to me was due to menopause I would have probably gotten medicated a lot sooner and had a better quality of life during that time.

• Like 2