Menu

Prayers, please? Having surgery on Tuesday. UPDATE post #38

dirty ethel rackham

Oh sweetie, the pain is so bad. It takes so much to get throught it sometimes. Ice behind your knee; it will cool the blood going to your foot. Keep that foot elevated about your heart 23 hours a day. You may need to sleep on the couch or next to a wall so you do not accidentally take your foot off your pillow stack. I also found it easier to put both legs up sometimes just for comfort. Can you see your toes? If they are super swollen and bruised you must elevate your foot higher and more. Hopefully now that you are home and not in transport you can get the foot up and rest better. It is a long recovery; be good to yourself. 

UPDATE #3

There has been some improvement on the pain front.  Yesterday, I barely left my bedroom other than to do to the bathroom.  I was able to elevate my leg high enough without discomfort.  I'm still setting alarms for the meds.  I am much more groggy today, falling asleep in the middle of typing things.  Looking at my nightstand, I may have accidentally taken a Valium too soon, thinking it was my thyroid meds.  No wonder  could concentrate long enought to finish a sentence.  I'm more alert  now.  I think I'll have my daughter help me take a mini-shower.  We have a shower stool and grab bars.  I just feel so gross. 

I may have to rally the troops to "babysit" me for the 3hours I may be alone this afternoon. 

• Like 1

I may have to rally the troops to "babysit" me for the 3hours I may be alone this afternoon. 

Glad there's been improvement on the pain front!

The troops... there or here?  ;)

I'm not going to be on all day, but I suspect plenty of Hive members would help with a thread if you wanted.

Or... if you haven't been introduced to Studio C... they tend to have many cute videos to pass time.  Here are two of my favorites to get started:

Glad there's been improvement on the pain front!

The troops... there or here?   ;)

I'm not going to be on all day, but I suspect plenty of Hive members would help with a thread if you wanted.

Or... if you haven't been introduced to Studio C... they tend to have many cute videos to pass time.  Here are two of my favorites to get started:

By troops, I meant babysitting so that someone is here in case I fall on the way to the bathroom.  But I am counting on all of you to be my window to the outside world.  It is such a shame that it is sunny and relatively warm.  And I can't go out and enjoy it. 

Thanks for the videos.  I'll be sure to enjoy them. 

• Like 1

By troops, I meant babysitting so that someone is here in case I fall on the way to the bathroom.  But I am counting on all of you to be my window to the outside world.  It is such a shame that it is sunny and relatively warm.  And I can't go out and enjoy it. 

Thanks for the videos.  I'll be sure to enjoy them. 

Yeah, falling is probably not in your best interest right now.

It's cold here at 31 degrees. (I know cold is relative, but still - our average high for this time of year is 40.)  We also have clouds.  You can pretend this is what it's like at your location.   :coolgleamA:

Studio C has oodles of cute videos if laughing doesn't make you hurt more.  International and National relations are both fun.  Teddy's Story Joint is another that comes to mind.  The Doorstep parts I & II.  There's a bit of variety to choose from, some better than others, but I'm sure that's partially due to individual taste.

• Like 1