Menu

Who's going to tackle Saturday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

- Scrape ice off of car

- Drive on icy roads to deliver DS12 to an event that hasn't been cancelled (even thougt they have cancelled things like the SAT test)

- Explain to DS15 that a 9th grader does not need to rent a tux for the prom - save it for your senior year, dude! (His small school allows all highschoolers to attend prom)

- Begin "spring cleaning" since DH casually mentioned that friends from across the country are coming to stay in 2 weeks (and when did he know this? Last fall, I gather.)

- Or, after driving, curl up with coffee and a book....

Edited by linders
  • Like 2

Good morning- today is dd2's 2nd birthday :) and dd1 has a friend coming over

- tidy house- round 1 done

- laundry- load in washer and dryer

- dishes- in dishwasher

- bake cake- done

- wrap gifts (I forgot to)- done

- go to store for ice cream- dh is getting since he has to go pay for his truck repair (they wanted him to drive it to make sure there was nothing else wrong)- done

- have cake and ice cream with in laws- done

- do middle brother's and mom's taxes

- school work

- dinner- decided

- baths

- bedtime routine

Edited by MomtoCandJ
  • Like 1

Play in the snow with kids and neighbors.

Watch birds at my feeders.

Read.

Dry clothes and make cocoa when kids are inside.

Watch a movie.

dinner - cassoulet and spinach salad

Dh is scraping off his car and has some cabin fever already, but I think we are in til Monday. No how are we risking kids or the van on roads covered with ice. Hoping that some visiting with neighbors and outside exercise will assuage his need to DO something. Hazards of marrying a stringly tactile-kinesthetic learned.

• Like 1

Good morning! Be careful digging out everyone! It is beautiful here. I am relaxing this morning until the girls get back from practice. Then a few errands and picking up ds2 from judo.

To do:

Some computer things this afternoon with dd2

Drop some things off at Goodwill

Laundry

Drop off library books that are due

Read a little

Mass

Dinner with friends (I think, have not confirmed yet)

Have a great day!

• Like 1

You guys.  I almost had a (figurative) heart attack today.  My computer got all hot (despite me closing it last night) and then it didn't want to turn on.  Finally I got it to work.  Ugh, I have not backed up all this year-end work and it would be horrible to have to do it over.  Oh my.  Need to get back to backing up every day.

I was up until past 4am cranking out work.  Still have a ton to do, but it felt good getting some crossed off the list.

I dropped my kids off at horse riding, and had a friend pick them up and take them shopping for new riding boots and some pet stuff.  They just drove back up the driveway now.  They have some work to do and need a bath, and later they will go out with friends again for a cultural event, while I work.  So that will pretty much be our Saturday.

• Like 1

Did everything on my list and took a nap!

And called my mom.

Well, we saved the movie for tonight.

Amazing how snow gets the whole neighborhood out, walking and playing and socializing. One guy fired up his grill on the cul-de-sac and grilled hot dogs and let the kids toast marshmallows over the flame. My extroverted, high energy boy has loved two solid days of playing with neighbors and sledding. I took the pup for a long walk and enjoyed the lovely scenery. It may be another 13 years til we get this again.

Realized tonight that we are low on milk, due to high cocoa consumption. And we are out of wine. :(

Not going to church tomorrow, so a restful Sunday ahead.

• Like 1

Ugh, my youngest is having a FIT because nobody asked her first if she wanted to go to the cultural thing.  She goes to this event every year and this is the first time she complained.  She has a gorgeous outfit to wear which we bought in Morocco and she was so excited to wear it, but apparently not today.  :/

So weird, this kid is normally so mellow, but when you tick her off she REALLY gets mad.  :P  I had to threaten her with grounding to get her to go.

• Like 1

Did everything on my list and took a nap!

And called my mom.

Well, we saved the movie for tonight.

Amazing how snow gets the whole neighborhood out, walking and playing and socializing. One guy fired up his grill on the cul-de-sac and grilled hot dogs and let the kids toast marshmallows over the flame. My extroverted, high energy boy has loved two solid days of playing with neighbors and sledding. I took the pup for a long walk and enjoyed the lovely scenery. It may be another 13 years til we get this again.

Realized tonight that we are low on milk, due to high cocoa consumption. And we are out of wine. :(

Not going to church tomorrow, so a restful Sunday ahead.

I was surprised how no one was out today. We have 4 kids on our street alone that are my kids age range and none of them came out. We were in and out all day. The kids went up to people's houses inviting their kids out to play but no one wanted to.

Since when do kids not play in the snow? I wonder if they didn't have proper snow attire. Our neighborhood is on the lower income level so it is possible. It makes me want to just stock boots, hats, and gloves in case someone needs them.

• Like 3