Menu

Who's going to tackle Friday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

ds21 and Uni friends left today. really nice seeing them but glad they are all gone again for a while. No more coming out in the morning to find the sink piled high with dishes, cups and glasses placed in random places and  lounge furniture shifted around for card playing.

last day of twins swimming lessons

Dh arrived in Canada

planted some seedlings in flower garden and vegetable garden

• Like 2

Good morning! 

Our co-op starts back today!

Done:

breakfast and lunch for dh

fed cats

shower

coffee

woke up ds

To Do:

breakfast for the rest of us

get ready to go

pack the van with co-op stuff

pick up a friend's dd to take with me to co-op because she has a dr. appt.

co-op board meeting before regular co-op

spend afternoon doing some cleaning and tidying because of Rainbow vacuum demo tonight

dinner

Rainbow demo

play some games/watch stuff

go to bed early

• Like 2

17 yo to math tutor

my favorite Friday thing of hanging out at Panera

p/u 17

philosophy with teens

Mass

lunch

dr appt

might do some catching up on academics if possible

dinner - soup and cornbread

housework

try to stay up until 11 p.m. to listen to 23 yo's radio show

• Like 2

Good morning- dh leaves today to take the last 2 parts of his certified dental tech exam and will be back late tomorrow night

- transfer $- done

- have tb test read- done

- get a few thing and gas- done

- get $- done

- drop of a few things to dh- done

- school work- have everything printed, started pharmacology notes

- tidy house- round 1 done

- laundry- in dryer

- fold laundry

- dishes

- get dd1 off bus- done

- dd1 school work- we studied her contentments and oceans for a little bit

- dd1 clean room- done for now

- dd1 BB gun club- done

- dinner- meat thawed, I picked up pizza instead

- baths

- bedtime routine

- anything else I get done- seen dh off, printed some stuff for dd1 (she failed a continents test that she forgot to tell me about, her teacher emailed to tell me and is giving her another try)

Edited by MomtoCandJ
  • Like 2

text our family doctor to see if she wants to see Hannah who is sick

?take Hannah to doctor  Don't have to take her in.  I need to pick up prescription our doctor called in for her.

experiment with making 18dd homemade formula for feeding tube and make today's supply of formula

walk fenceline with guy fixing fence

school

trip to local home improvement store to buy concrete to put in fence posts and decide on kitchen countertop material and color

meet with welder to pay deposit on fence braces he is welding

talk with contractor about kitchen addition

worm and copper four bucks and move to pasture with other bucks also ended up worming the three bucks that were in the pasture

move two livestock guardian dogs to new pasture

discuss school plans with 15ds

discuss getting pigs with children

An unexpected addition to today-move twin ram lambs and their mama to jugging pen :hurray:

Edited by Melinda S in TX
  • Like 1

I'm tired today.  Well, maybe I just need more coffee....

Already had my "why SKL sucks" conversation for the day.  The first one, anyway.  :p  It's that balancing thing.  How dare you think it's OK to take 15 minutes to do optional mom stuff when you have so much work stuff.  Flip around various different ways.  I know this happens to all of us at times, so I am just whining.

Yesterday I got some good momentum going work-wise.  Today I am hoping it carries me through and I get a lot of reports out.  I think I might be late on a soft-ish commitment, but I am afraid to check.  :p

I sorta promised to go see my parents tomorrow, so I need to get a lot of work out before then or it will be guilt trip city.  I haven't seen them since October.  Skipped Thanskgiving and was unable to visit on Christmas due to a last-minute change in flight time.  They are kinda ticked at me and I'd like to put it all behind me ASAP.

Today's list:

• Kids' school re-enrollment form and check.  [done]
  • Kids up & out to school bus.  [done]
  • Clean kitchen, bathrooms, and some clutter.  [done]
  • Work.
  • A little reading.  [done]
  • A little exercise.
  • Kids to gymnastics?
  • Dinner out.
  • A couple of old shows on DVD.
  • Kids to bed.
  • More work.
Edited by SKL
  • Like 2

Kids' tutorial starts back today, so I have a morning free! Whoohoo for Fridays!

drop kids at tutorial

shop for boots

return a gift

Target return

pick up kids

lunch at my mom's

grocery?

dinner - homemade pizza, greek salad

watch a movie or play games with Ds and Dh

• Like 2

Good morning! I slept in a little because, well this weekend is going to be crazy. And then I dropped an earring in the sink. My only pair, because everything is still packed away. Recovered after a little light plumbing before coffee.

So now to start:

School for all

Oral exam for dd2

Clean kitchen and general pick up

Laundry

Bank around lunch with ds1

Write out schedule for weekend

Lots of little annoying things

Gas for van

Meet

Have a great day...and weekend!

• Like 2

Melissa, I hope that Hannah gets better soon.  (Am I remembering correctly that she is immunocompromised or am I mixing her up with someone else?)

SKL - I hope your work day goes better

Hannah was immunocompromised when she had cancer treatment and for a couple of years later, but the doctors say she is back to normal.  It does seem like she gets sick more often than the others though.

Rebekah is the main one I am worried about with illness though.  She reacts to everything and has asthma.  It's hard for her to recover if she gets something.  And since she reacts to everything, she has to ride illness out with no treatment, or even special foods and things you would make for an ill person.

• Like 1

Today is just a Plan B day.

Drama early when I discovered that Dd hasn't worn her earrings for a while and her ears are no longer pierced.

Then a minor but time consuming fender bender in the library parking lot.

Then got stuck behind a wreck on the interstate so that the kids were really late to tutorial. Said wreck also prevented me from getting where I had intended to go to shop. So I came home and answered email and did laundry.

BUT, the fender bender was very minor and not my fault, we are all safe, I got a quiet morning at home, kids did get to class, my heat works on a cold, wet day and the puppy hasn't chewed anything up today. :)

Leaving now to get kids and go to mom's.

• Like 3

text our family doctor to see if she wants to see Hannah who is sick

?take Hannah to doctor  Don't have to take her in.  I need to pick up prescription our doctor called in for her.

experiment with making 18dd homemade formula for feeding tube and make today's supply of formula

walk fenceline with guy fixing fence

school

trip to local home improvement store to buy concrete to put in fence posts and decide on kitchen countertop material and color

meet with welder to pay deposit on fence braces he is welding

talk with contractor about kitchen addition

worm and copper four bucks and move to pasture with other bucks also ended up worming the three bucks that were in the pasture

move two livestock guardian dogs to new pasture

discuss school plans with 15ds

discuss getting pigs with children

An unexpected addition to today-move twin ram lambs and their mama to jugging pen :hurray:

I accomplished a lot today.  I've got a problem with the fence man so that took several things off my list.  He didn't show up for work today and isn't returning my calls.  Add find a new fence guy to my list.

• Like 1